I finished my build today. Thanks again for everyone's pics and comments.
Only one thing seems odd: the light inside the fridge doesn't turn on, though the compressor runs whenever the fridge is plugged in thanks to the thermostat bypass.
Edit: forgot a couple of things that might help other builders.
- I used a 6x6x4 junction box.
- There was no room for a blue outlet enclosure inside this size box, but I did not miss it.
- The outlet's two screws bit just fine in the grey plastic, once I gave them a pilot hole.
- I suggest using spade terminals for easier connections at the outlet. Note that you cannot use ring terminals because the screws on an outlet are captive.
- I used 16 ga. stranded copper wire for the interior wiring. At 110V, it should carry 13A--and the supply is fused at 10A, and the cooler draws less than that anyway, so there should be adequate current capacity for the heat/cool hookups. (There is a stranded wire current capacity chart on this page: http://www.rowand.net/Shop/Tech/WireCapacityChart.htm