Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > U-Line 75RSS kegerator project

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2011, 05:07 PM   #1
joeinbend
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default U-Line 75RSS kegerator project

Hi guys,
I recently picked up a really nice U-Line under-cabinet fridge for my kegerator. It nicely holds 2 kornys, and has room in the back shelf for yeast samples and my CO2. Perfect setup! My next step is to round it out with a tap tower. The last thing I want to go is go nuts with the hole saw and ruin this fridge, by running right through a refrigerant line.

On this model, the back interior wall of the fridge has a chiller plate, with the defrost drip tray at the bottom. What I don't know is, if there are additional lines running in the top of the unit, or if that is just all insulation, and I'd be safe to drill away. I have been trying to track down a schematic to help positively identify the layout, but to no avail.

Has anyone worked with these units before? Is there a way I can locate the lines if they exist? I've read some things about using some sort of corn starch mixture to help identify lines, but I don't know how reliable or applicable such a method would be for my fridge.

Here's a few pictures of the unit:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2011, 05:44 AM   #2
joeinbend
Recipes 

*bump*

anyone?

Old 12-15-2011, 08:23 AM   #3
BigUgly
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'd be more worried about drilling in to electric lines feeding into that light.

From the looks of the thing, it won't have any lines in the top section. If you can't find a schematic, email the manufacturer.

87% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Hunter

Quick Reply