Old 10-08-2011, 04:57 PM   #1
jakehale
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Two Regulator's

Need some help folks.

I bought a requlator with "Y" fitting to charge two Kegs. The regulator has a hi press and low press guage.

fast forward.

I bought another regulator so that i can do two different pressures. the newly bought regulator came with two gauages, hi and low press.

What i want to do is connect the two regultors. I see them all the time on ebay. i figure remove the hi press guage off of one of the regulators and attache to the other regulator with a brass pipe.

problem is I can't find the brass pipe to connect the two. i apprears that it is a different type of thread than what i can find at Home Depot.

you guys got and ideals?

I purchased both regulators from Kegcowboy and they are the "premium" ones with the red knob for press addjustment.

thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2011, 05:08 PM   #2
weirdboy
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 429 Times on 350 Posts
Likes Given: 60

Yes some regulators use left-handed threading for those connections. You should be able to find the necessary hardware at any of the keg/beverage supply places.

Old 10-08-2011, 05:35 PM   #3
barrooze
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 103 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 133

As the above stated, some regs use LH threads and others use RH threads. If they're identical regs they should have the same threading directions. Keep in mind that he high pressure ports may have different threading than the low pressure ports. If the two regs have opposite threading directions, they make pipe that has both RH and LH so you can join them.

I've seen the pipes at Midwest Supplies, off the top of my head. I did the exact thing you're doing last month. When I was asking about it people mentioned that you can't use just any pipe since it's the high pressure ports you're joining. Do you have a desired vendor? My LHBS hooked me up with both the new reg and pipe.

Kegged: Flanders Blonde, Saison (WLP585), Saison (Belle Saison), Mid-ABV Janet's Brown, Texas Brown Ale (A.K.A. The Creature) Primary: Octoberfest (ECY15), Sour Brown (ECY01) Souring: Oaked Brett Blended Saison On Deck: Pale ale, Ginger Beer On the Horizon: Epic Pale ale clone, Tonguesplitter Updated: 2014/08/23
Untappd: barrooze

Old 10-08-2011, 05:52 PM   #4
barrooze
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 103 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 133

CHI Company has a bunch also.
Here's Midwests selection
Kegged: Flanders Blonde, Saison (WLP585), Saison (Belle Saison), Mid-ABV Janet's Brown, Texas Brown Ale (A.K.A. The Creature) Primary: Octoberfest (ECY15), Sour Brown (ECY01) Souring: Oaked Brett Blended Saison On Deck: Pale ale, Ginger Beer On the Horizon: Epic Pale ale clone, Tonguesplitter Updated: 2014/08/23
Untappd: barrooze

Old 10-08-2011, 06:01 PM   #5
jakehale
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

You guys rock..

thanks for the help...

jake