*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Transfering and bottling stand

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 06:47 AM   #1
bwirthlin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 52 Times on 37 Posts

My buddy mentioned that he wanted to get a transferring/bottling stand a while ago so I threw this together for his birthday. Hopefully it'll work out for him. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I figured out a few things I'd like to change when I make one for myself hahahaha. Only about 7 hours of work and $30 worth of materials. I'm planning on staining and putting a few coats of lacquer on before I give it to him. I'll post a few pictures of the final product.

image-1888966086.jpg   image-2699470065.jpg   image-3908181679.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 06:51 AM   #2
AndrewD
Recipes 

Liked 46 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Nice craftmanship, that thing looks slick. I think if I were to make something like that, I would leave the "fence" off of one side on both platforms, just so that it is easier to move full buckets/carboys on and off of them without stirring up a bunch of trub.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:55 AM   #3
bwirthlin
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewD
Nice craftmanship, that thing looks slick. I think if I were to make something like that, I would leave the "fence" off of one side on both platforms, just so that it is easier to move full buckets/carboys on and off of them without stirring up a bunch of trub.
That's what I'm going to change. I figured that out when I filled my bottling bucket up and tried to put it up on the top platform. I'll adjust the angle on the top platform as well, from 30 degrees to 20 or 25. I'll give it to him fully assembled and tell him it's a lot easier to get buckets and carboys up there when the side rails are off.
image-1101754950.jpg  

Old 11-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #4
rekoob
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Very Nice!!! If I still bottled I might take your idea/build and make something like this myself. Very cool.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:49 PM   #5
Huaco
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 111 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 32

You could have a swing arm that is out of the way while loading but swings in and locks to some type of lug to help support that unsupported corner once it is bearing weight.

Old 11-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #6
bwirthlin
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekoob
Very Nice!!! If I still bottled I might take your idea/build and make something like this myself. Very cool.
Thanks! I can't wait to quit bottling, I gotta get a few more pieces of equipment for brewing then ill start working on getting kegs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huaco
You could have a swing arm that is out of the way while loading but swings in and locks to some type of lug to help support that unsupported corner once it is bearing weight.
That's what I was thinking. When I make one for myself, I'll build a gate on one side with a couple hinges at the top so I can swing it around and it'll rest on the back side of the upper platform when loading. Then just swing it back in to place and use a couple lag bolts and some wing nuts so it'll be easy to screw on and off. Even with nothing supporting it on the one side it's still strong as hell. There's 5 3" dry wall screws supporting each up right section on the top platform. I could probably sit up there and hold the carboy myself

Quick Reply