Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Thermostat for Son of Fermentation Chiller

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2012, 07:46 PM   #1
tmyoung
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Thermostat for Son of Fermentation Chiller

Hey folks,

I'm working on a Son of Fermentation Chiller project, and I'm looking for an appropriate thermostat. I'm looking for something that the thermistor could be removed from the unit, so I can mount it on the outside. The goal is to be able to do something very similar to this project here. Unfortunately the thermostat in the preceding link seems to have been discontinued. If anybody has any ideas, that would be a huge help.

Thanks

Edit: I have 12V DC fan, and power adapter, I'm very comfortable soldering, but setting up a relay, if necessary, is a bit beyond my expertise.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2012, 03:10 PM   #2
dannedry
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmyoung View Post
Hey folks,

I'm working on a Son of Fermentation Chiller project, and I'm looking for an appropriate thermostat. I'm looking for something that the thermistor could be removed from the unit, so I can mount it on the outside. The goal is to be able to do something very similar to this project here. Unfortunately the thermostat in the preceding link seems to have been discontinued. If anybody has any ideas, that would be a huge help.

Thanks

Edit: I have 12V DC fan, and power adapter, I'm very comfortable soldering, but setting up a relay, if necessary, is a bit beyond my expertise.
I picked up an analog Johnson Controller off Ebay for like $22 shipped. It works great for me! I made the MOTHER of Son of Fermentation Chiller... that holds 2 carboys. Love it.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:53 PM   #3
beergolf
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 373 Times on 304 Posts
Likes Given: 117

I used a Rite Temp one that I got at HD. They still have them at the HD near me. Works great and was only 9 bucks.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:12 PM   #4
tmyoung
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up with the RiteTemp, which I found on Amazon.

Quick Reply