Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Thermometers and thermowells

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2006, 12:38 PM   #1
gomtorus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Thermometers and thermowells

Hi all,

I am in the process in completing my HLT and have started looking more at what options I have for reading the temperature. While I would really would like something like the digitherm (http://www.andinst.com/PDFs/3564.pdf), I have been unable to source a supplier for it and I figure it might be pretty expensive. If anyone has any suggestions for this or something equivalent, that would be great!

The alternative is to use a bi-metal gauge type thermometer like tel-tru or the brewmometer (spelling?). My question with these kinds of thermometers is does one need a thermowell as well or not? In other words, is the gauge sealed well enough that I can just screw it into my 1/2" coupling on the HLT and don't have to worry about water leaking into the gauge.

Any suggestions for good brands / deals out there? As always, I am trying for as cheap as possible without being penny wise, pound foolish.

Thanks,
Andre
Houston

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply