Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Is there anywhere in this fridge I should (or shouldn't) drill?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2012, 03:27 PM   #11
Tiredboy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Thanks all.

I hadn't thought about bending down to the right rather than the back. I will have to have a look at the icebox when I unscrew it and see how flexible the inlet lines are and how easily the left side will bend flat if i put it on the side rather than the back. I've barely worked with metal (more a wood man), has anyone got any suggestions/advice regarding bending the chill plate without rupturing the lines?

Good news about being able to drill most places if I'm careful as it opens up the options.

As for tower versus taps in the door, that partly depends on SWMBO. If it stays in the store room then its probably taps in the door (not enough height). If it goes on the patio then I'd need to make a wooden housing for it (to fit with other furniture) but then it would be a tower. One thing at a time. If I manage to sort out the icebox and gas lines then I'll stick with the cobra taps until stage 2.....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2012, 03:31 PM   #12
cheezydemon3
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1639 Times on 1233 Posts
Likes Given: 3007

Heat the metal before bending.

Old 09-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #13
static
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 52 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Those chill plates are made from aluminum and/or copper so bending shouldn't be that difficult. The lines are pretty thin so i would be more worried about kinking. Just go easy and you'll be fine.

The yeast knows what it's doing.

Quick Reply