Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Temprature control and logging

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2009, 05:10 PM   #1
Overberger
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Temprature control and logging

I know there is lots different topics regarding this but here I what I would like to do:

Project 1: I want to use a peltier to heat or cool by switching the polarity. This I want to achieve by using a analog circuit with thermistors, lm339 comparators, MOSFET's and and few other inexpensive parts to change the polarity of the supply. Seems it is going to cost me around ZAR150 (US$17) (I already have a peltier cooler box which I am going to use)

Project 2: I would also like monitor and log the temp inside a fermenter box by using more digital stuff like a PIC microcontroller, ds18s20's and writing the data to USB flash drive which I could later use to download to my pc.( the reason for this is to reduce the cost of running a pc all the time).

Is there anyone that could help in the pic programming department or know where I could find code for pic16c745/765? And how to program it to write a csv file to the USB Flash drive, IF it is even possibile to do that?

Thanx
Pieter

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply