The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > temp control advice needed

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2013, 04:02 AM   #1
heister00
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default temp control advice needed

I am using the stc-1000 temp controller. I have the probe submerged in a container of water. I maintain steady beer serving temp of between 37 - 37.8 degrees. My question is about the settings on the controller. How much of a temp swing can I allow before it effects the beer? Right now I have it set at .6. I know the water will warm faster cause its a smaller volume and that's where my question is coming from. I don't want to work the fridge more then needed so if I can open that temp swing up I would like to. Thank you very much in advance for all responses. If you I left out any info needed just ask I will tell. Thanks again

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #2
sazerac6
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have mine set to 4.4*C (~40*F) with a differential of 3*C, so my high end kicks off at ~45*F. My probe is in a gallon of water also. I have a 4 keg setup. I think that my compressor kicks on about twice a day and runs for an hour or so at a time. I'd like to go warmer, but my wife likes the beer colder than I do, so I've compromised and set this range.

Old 03-11-2013, 03:19 AM   #3
Cyclman
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 334 Times on 296 Posts
Likes Given: 114

I have mine set to 2 degrees, compressor barely evern kicks on. It is in the basement, however.

Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime! Bill Owen quote

Join the Beacon Point (Aurora, CO) Brewclub on Facebook- casual, fun brewing, drinking, socializing, visiting the great breweries / brewpubs in CO!

Old 03-11-2013, 08:11 AM   #4
heister00
Recipes 

2 degrees c or f? Is me having it .6 too close? The probe is only in a typical water bottle

Quick Reply