Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Tap Tower on TOP of keezer?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #11
Doed
Route 150 Brewery
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I have copper tubing on my two beer lines going into my tower. I slid the beer lines through the straight copper tubing when setting up my keezer. I put a couple of wraps of electrical tape around the two copper tubes near the bottom of the tubes just to hold them together. The "stick-tion" (technical term) of the beer lines holds the copper tubes in place. I did not attach the copper tubes anywhere inside the tower.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 07:35 PM   #12
jbaysurfer
Former future HOF Brewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 443 Times on 337 Posts
Likes Given: 716

Here ya go: First pic is from the top, second pic is inside the cabinet looking back toward the cooling plate and tower cooler fan. That's the ebay model, but you can make your own for cheap too if you're inclined. Also, a more elegant setup IMHO is to connect all copper from the cooling fan to the tower, but this works fine for me, nobody but me sees the inside of the kegerator anyway ;-) :

Edit: If you did this on a keezer, you might want to make sure you can easily disconnect the T from the down tube, or just skip the fan part altogether. If you get the downtube into the keezer enough it'll cool down the lines pretty well.

First Brew was thanksgiving 2011, I'm at 96 batches and counting (as of 8/31/2014), and ran out of room in my signature to list them all.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:01 PM   #13
erockomania
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Thanks so much guys. I'm going to try this I think. Looks fairly easy and effective. Nice work and thanks for the photos!

Quick Reply