Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway - Last Chance to Enter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > From tap temp to mash temp in how many seconds?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2008, 04:14 PM   #11
olllllo
[]-O-[]
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 126 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer
If you have an older home its not good practice to use hot tap water as potable water.
because hot tap water will extract lead from pipes.
Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2008, 09:51 PM   #12
Grimsawyer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

my home was built in 1974(ranch style, *grumble* no basement*grumble*) and has copper from the hot water heater to the threaded junctions in the pipes in the wall. They look like they are steel of some sort. I've been told that in the next 10-15 years it might be in my best interests to replace it all.(won't be here that long, no basement!!!!!!!!!!) The hot water I'm pulling comes from the clothes washer hoses, well, i've screwed in a ball valved "T" above that. there's only about 7 or so feet of pipe from where the copper and brass from the hotwater heater ends and where I hook up my makeshift (*cough**cough* super cheap hackjob! hehe) watersource begins. Being that it's a 1974 home, there's only ~7 feet of pipe, and it's threaded as well as being steel, galvanized etc... do I have cause to worry?

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. They wake up in the morning and that's as good as they're going to feel all day." -Dean Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBeer
...no sense hauling empty carboys around when full ones take up just as much space. :)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply