Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Suitable mini fridge for kegging

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2011, 04:21 AM   #11
ebeer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjpfeister View Post
Ebeer; I am curious about what I am seeing in that picture. Did you tug more line through? The unpainted part I am assuming used to be outside the of the fridge "box." If this is the case, did it require much force? Because the additional length would obviously make it easier to bend without resulting in a stress induced rupture.. Props, BTW.
There was little extra line that I pushed through. Not a ton, but just enough to make a difference. Room temperature is the way to go. Might even be a good idea to put a heating pad or hot water bottle on the line before bending.

The part I found most brittle was not the supply line, but the freezer box itself. The coolant snakes through the box in built in channels...bending the box was very dicey and I went very very slow. But it came out fine.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2011, 11:13 AM   #12
Feragoh
Recipes 

Thanks guys,

It seems bending it back is the common consesus among the few threads I've read. I don't know if I'm going to risk it.. Maybe I'll just bottle until I find the perfect fridge w/o a freezer in it.

Cheers,

Feragoh

Old 02-04-2011, 01:50 PM   #13
cincybrewer
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ettbeer View Post
i have 2 similar fridges i got both for free so i had no worries about bending. one i made into a 1 corny kegerator and one i use as a ferm chamber.. bending those lines while warm is pretty easy.. go slow and be careful, there's nothing to it really. you can find them on craigslist for $20-$40. i can fit a 10# Co2 tank and 1 5 gal corny in them. i recently piped the Co2 line into the fridge to avoid the tight fit. a 5# tank and 5gal corny work perfect.. this is the "refaced dorm fridge"

Dude, that is awesome. If I could somehow build one like that it may convince the wife to put it in the kitchen.

Old 02-04-2011, 01:56 PM   #14
Feragoh
Recipes 

Thanks man,

It seems bending it back is the common consesus among the few threads I've read. I don't know if I'm going to risk it.. Maybe I'll just bottle until I find the perfect fridge w/o a freezer in it.

Cheers,

Feragoh

Old 02-04-2011, 08:11 PM   #15
pericles
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The Frigidaire I just bought from Lowes has no internal freezer to bend/kink. It was $139.
Kegged: American Wheat
Bottled: Belgian Golden Ale.
Planning: American Amber

Quick Reply