Stout faucet tap handle threaded adapter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billybryson54

Reaction score
I recently purchased a "Kit" for pouring Guinness at home. It came with the keg connector, a Guinness tap handle and the stout faucet. However, Guinness handles have a pin-lock style connector that mounts it to the faucet. I need the little adapter that goes on the top of the stout faucet that converts the pin-lock style handle to a standard threaded adapter so that I can use a regular tap handle in its place. Does anyone know where I can find one of these? I haven't had any luck so far. Thanks in advance!

It's a genuine Guinness tap handle. I think I have a solution though; the metal piece on the bottom of the tap handle itself(Where it meets the faucet) is threaded and epoxied onto the Guinness handle. I was able to break that bond. The handle has a metal bolt that threads into the metal piece, so I took the metal piece(The female end) and drilled out the hole a bit larger, and tapped the hole for a bolt that will thread into any standard tap handle. It actually came out pretty nice...

Now that I re-read that, I see my reply was kind of all-over-the-place...sorry about that, but I think you guys will get the picture:D

They do sell them. I did a quick seach and didn't find it but I know I have seen it on a homebrewing site.

Back