Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Stc-1000 wiring

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2012, 01:23 AM   #31
HopSong
Senior Member
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HopSong's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Healdsburg, CA
Posts: 1,803
Liked 76 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default

Thank for asking.. I think your posts are great regarding anything wiring.

My only questions, which JuanMoore is helping with, is WHAT probes are available for it? He said there were replacements.. which I couldn't find on eBay.. mentioned also that there are even SS probes. I searched and found lots of probes.. but, have NO idea if they are compatible.

__________________
Cheers, Bill
HopSong is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2012, 01:29 AM   #32
Stauffbier
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Stauffbier's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 5,061
Liked 1003 Times on 617 Posts
Likes Given: 2673

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HbgBill View Post
Thank for asking.. I think your posts are great regarding anything wiring.

My only questions, which JuanMoore is helping with, is WHAT probes are available for it? He said there were replacements.. which I couldn't find on eBay.. mentioned also that there are even SS probes. I searched and found lots of probes.. but, have NO idea if they are compatible.
Good question! I'd like to know about this as well.

I just wired mine up thanks to Revvy's diagram. I also have a 220V stc-1000 that I've learned how to convert to 110v that I will use for my keezer build..
__________________
Bier war sein letztes wort dann trugen ihn die Englein fort...

Stauffbier is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2012, 01:41 AM   #33
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Revvy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: "Detroitish" Michigan
Posts: 40,804
Liked 2724 Times on 1632 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HbgBill View Post
Thank for asking.. I think your posts are great regarding anything wiring.

My only questions, which JuanMoore is helping with, is WHAT probes are available for it? He said there were replacements.. which I couldn't find on eBay.. mentioned also that there are even SS probes. I searched and found lots of probes.. but, have NO idea if they are compatible.
I recall a post several weeks back about it somewhere on here by Carlisle Bob, explaining about replacement probes for most of the common temp controllers. It was over my head. But iirc he made it seem that for the ebay temp controller finding the correct replacement probe, was nigh on impossible.

I'll try to pm him to say something about this.
__________________

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Revvy is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2012, 01:48 AM   #34
Stauffbier
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Stauffbier's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 5,061
Liked 1003 Times on 617 Posts
Likes Given: 2673

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
for the ebay temp controller finding the correct replacement probe, was nigh on impossible..
I've read this quite a few times myself. It seems like there has to be something out there that will work, though!
__________________
Bier war sein letztes wort dann trugen ihn die Englein fort...

Stauffbier is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2012, 01:50 AM   #35
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Revvy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: "Detroitish" Michigan
Posts: 40,804
Liked 2724 Times on 1632 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stauffbier View Post
I've read this quite a few times myself. It seems like there has to be something out there that will work, though!
Yeah. I'm sure there is, and Bob explained it, but it was WAAAAAYYYYY over my head. Maybe he can actually do some digging and link ones that will work for us idiots....
__________________

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Revvy is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2012, 01:55 AM   #36
Stauffbier
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Stauffbier's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 5,061
Liked 1003 Times on 617 Posts
Likes Given: 2673

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
for us idiots....
I resemble that remark! haha..

Thanks for looking in to it Rev
__________________
Bier war sein letztes wort dann trugen ihn die Englein fort...

Stauffbier is offline
Revvy Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2012, 04:16 AM   #37
JuanMoore
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JuanMoore's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Old Pueblo
Posts: 16,121
Liked 3208 Times on 3112 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy

I recall a post several weeks back about it somewhere on here by Carlisle Bob, explaining about replacement probes for most of the common temp controllers. It was over my head. But iirc he made it seem that for the ebay temp controller finding the correct replacement probe, was nigh on impossible.

I'll try to pm him to say something about this.
I don't know what Bob said, but it's very simple, and there are plenty of options out there. Any sensor of the same type that has the same resistance will work. The sensor for the STC-1000 is a fairly standard type; NTC thermistor and IIRC 10k ohm resistance at 25 degrees C. Emjay has posted a link a few times for the inexpensive SS probes he bought to replace the stock probes in his controllers. I'm on my phone now, but if I think of it later I'll find some links to suitable options and post them here.
__________________
Keezer Soze

Yuri rubs it out with 60 grit... wouldn't even feel a tenga egg. -Randar

, place entry ox dixla to suck. Fcxk fwnpoo and passed. Hel an my spupid ass. OK. - TXCrash
JuanMoore is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2012, 04:30 AM   #38
Stauffbier
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Stauffbier's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 5,061
Liked 1003 Times on 617 Posts
Likes Given: 2673

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanMoore View Post
I don't know what Bob said, but it's very simple, and there are plenty of options out there. Any sensor of the same type that has the same resistance will work. The sensor for the STC-1000 is a fairly standard type; NTC thermistor and IIRC 10k ohm resistance at 25 degrees C. Emjay has posted a link a few times for the inexpensive SS probes he bought to replace the stock probes in his controllers. I'm on my phone now, but if I think of it later I'll find some links to suitable options and post them here.
Thanks Juan! I'd be interested in seeing any links you might have for the SS ones..
__________________
Bier war sein letztes wort dann trugen ihn die Englein fort...

Stauffbier is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2012, 06:16 AM   #39
emjay
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
emjay's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 12,694
Liked 1712 Times on 1601 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

I'll just leave this here...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Air-Water-Temperature-Sensor-fit-Honeywell-Thermostat-NTC-10K-Thermistor-/110939258796?

__________________
emjay is offline
Stauffbier Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2012, 06:35 AM   #40
emjay
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
emjay's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 12,694
Liked 1712 Times on 1601 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

They're even easier to find (and much cheaper) as simple bare thermistors, if someone feels like making/finding a sleeve for them.

__________________
emjay is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools