Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > STC-1000 Temp contoller stuck on heat!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2013, 06:10 PM   #31
JuanMoore
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3202 Times on 3106 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by eryk4381 View Post
OK sorry it took so long to get the resistance measurement. I took out my probe from the install and checked it at room temp. I'm reading 11.3K ohms.

What is everyone else reading on their probes???..
Thanks again for the help.
Sounds about right. It's a 10K ohm resistor, so it should read 10K at 25°C (77°F). Your room temp is likely slightly cooler, hence the slightly higher resistance.

Did you try wiggling the wire at every point along it's length? If the probe wires got pinched or something, doing that would show a huge jump in the resistance. With the probe connected to controller, did you try wiggling the wires right at the contacts to see if it caused any changes in the readout?

Yuri rubs it out with 60 grit... wouldn't even feel a tenga egg. -Randar

, place entry ox dixla to suck. Fcxk fwnpoo and passed. Hel an my spupid ass. OK. - TXCrash

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 06:51 PM   #32
eryk4381
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanMoore View Post
Sounds about right. It's a 10K ohm resistor, so it should read 10K at 25°C (77°F). Your room temp is likely slightly cooler, hence the slightly higher resistance.

Did you try wiggling the wire at every point along it's length? If the probe wires got pinched or something, doing that would show a huge jump in the resistance. With the probe connected to controller, did you try wiggling the wires right at the contacts to see if it caused any changes in the readout?
Looks like wiggling the wire only moves it slightly so it can't be a default in the wire.

When I wore it back up i will try wiggling them in the controller to see if it changes at all.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:45 PM   #33
raouliii
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 61 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 85

When you hook it back up, make sure that you only have wire and not insulation in the terminal block.

Horizocade Amber
Rochefort 7

In the Chamber:
Nada

Next Up:
Big Breasted Blonde

Old 02-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #34
eryk4381
Recipes 

Default Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by raouliii View Post
When you hook it back up, make sure that you only have wire and not insulation in the terminal block.
So i re-attached the sensor wires to the temp controller and ran it a few days with nothing in it for testing purposes. No issues.

I am now cold crashing a Pale Ale with no temp issues as well either. I'm going to say it was probably the contact from the sensor to the controller in some way as that is the only thing I changed. Could have been the insulation causing a short but at least it works great now!! Thanks guys for all your help

Old 02-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #35
Monster Mash
Recipes 

Liked 85 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I'm glad to hear it is working. I'm getting ready to build one of these for my fermentation chamber but I am going to use SSR's to switch the heat and cooling so there will be less wear and tear on the board mounted relays.

Quick Reply