New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Stainless Steel Fermentation Chamber Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2014, 06:43 PM   #1
jclarkey
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Default Stainless Steel Fermentation Chamber Build

So I finally got around to finishing up my Fermentation Chamber over the weekend and I must say I am over the moon with the results!

I was able to score an amazing deal on this commercial grade, under counter, STAINLESS fridge unit on kijiji. These things retail on ebay for $700-900 and I picked it up for a cool….$85!!!!!! It is in near perfect condition and holds 3 carboys with room to spare.

I will say that the actual refrigeration this thing pumps out is way overkill (I think it is on setting #1) but it was to pretty to not pick up.

I decided that this unit would always be a ferm chamber or maybe a kegerator at some point so I opted to install the STC-1000 right on the unit.

The stainless was actually really simple to cut through and it made for a perfect fit.

I also installed 3 LED lights for reference since the STC was mounted flush this would be a great way to get a quick visual reference to what the unit was doing. Green = power to entire unit, Red = heat on, Blue = fridge on.

I had my buddy who is an electrician come and wire up everything for me. We installed a small piece of conduit (not visible) through the fridge wall to run power to the heater and the thermo probe. This way if I want to upgrade, or add/remove cables I can do so without to much hassle. Yes there is a backing to that box and I also plan on adding a piece of plexiglass to the back to protect the remaining wires.

Quick shot of the inside. The black thing on the carboy is a piece of plastic with some foam underneath. The temp probe is under there. The other thing is the heater. I definitely need to downgrade as it takes up a lot of space and really is to powerful for this application.

My future brewing area. Should be drywalled in a couple of weeks.

The LEDs in action.

Now I just need to get a batch in this sucker! Hopefully brewing in a couple weeks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2014, 02:48 AM   #2
mattcuso
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Very nice

Old 04-08-2014, 03:45 AM   #3
gstrawn
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 15 Posts

Whoooooa. I want that on of those. You got it for $85? I'll give ya $90

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Old 04-12-2014, 02:24 PM   #4
millie
Recipes 

Im doin this!! Nice design bro.

Old 04-12-2014, 02:25 PM   #5
jclarkey
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie View Post
Im doin this!! Nice design bro.
Thanks man! I have it running smooth now. Holds temp really well.

Old 04-12-2014, 02:41 PM   #6
pannell77
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 12

so jealous of that score

Handmade Chalkboard and Dry Erase Tap Handles

We are one of the few that offer a Black Dry Erase version tap handle and we have some of the lowest prices on the market.

Custom Idea? No problem, just shoot us an email with your thoughts and we can work it out together.

AleYeahDesign@gmail.com

My Keezer Build

Old 04-12-2014, 02:43 PM   #7
jclarkey
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannell77 View Post
so jealous of that score

I can still hardly believe it myself!! I sorta feel like it was a waste of an amazing fridge but fermentation temp is so important that I know in the end it will pay off. On the plus side when not in use I just crank it up to 11 and chill my bottles in like 2 hours!!

Quick Reply