Home Brew Forums

Home Brew Forums (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php)
-   DIY Projects (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/)
-   -   stainless lids for kegs? (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/stainless-lids-kegs-95885/)

nicksteck 01-04-2009 04:20 AM

stainless lids for kegs?
i was all over town today looking for some lids for my kegs, like the ones that sabco sells but everything i found was glass. any ideas


azredneck 01-04-2009 04:22 AM

Take a look at Ikea.com. I have one local and they sell a stainless ring with a glass center that I like and they are cheap too!

Jaybird 01-04-2009 04:26 AM

I have made a few, and still have some material. What size are you wanting?

nicksteck 01-04-2009 04:31 AM

i'm looking for 2- 12'' lids, i want a solid top so i can run a fitting through it like the Brutus 10

MSUConrad 01-04-2009 03:48 PM

Go to Academy Sports, Dick's, or some other big sporting goods store. They usually have a cooking section and you can buy tops seperate. Most stockpot lids are 12" from what I found.

EdWort 01-04-2009 03:57 PM

Here you go.


Amazon.com: 12 1/4" Stainless Steel Lid for 16 Quart Stock Pot (12-0142) Category: Stainless Steel Stock Pots: Home & Garden

Nurmey 01-04-2009 03:58 PM

Do you have a restaurant supply store in your area? It's easy to get stainless lids for commercial pots at restaurant supply houses. Mine has a "used" section that is really nice on the wallet.

mattreba 01-04-2009 09:54 PM

I went to a restaurant supply store and got a 12" SS stock pot lid for $10-15.

nicksteck 01-05-2009 12:10 AM

thanks for all the replies, i think i found a restaurant supply store about a mile from my shop, going to hit it on the way home monday. I'm going to have my pump drin back in through the lid, is the curved or flat cover better?


mattreba 01-06-2009 02:41 AM

'Better' is hard to define. I have a lid with a slight curve and it happened to work well on one keg but another is still in need of some adjustment with a grinder (left over ridges forming a + on the top). Also, I used a flange gasket (9 in?) from McMaster-Carr in case you are looking for one.

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:51 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.