Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Single tier scultpure pictures, please!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2007, 06:50 PM   #11
rdwj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts

Cheese, I have a welder that I we can probably get to put stuff together cheap - he LOVES good beer and the barter system. Let's work on something that we want and get him to make two for us.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2007, 07:09 PM   #12
Cheesefood
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwj
Cheese, I have a welder that I we can probably get to put stuff together cheap - he LOVES good beer and the barter system. Let's work on something that we want and get him to make two for us.
Freakin' sweet. I just want a basic cart with enough room for either two pots and an cooler in the middle (with shielding to prevent it from being melted) or three keggles (I might swap my cooler for a keg MLT eventually). I want it to have wheels and I want the burners built in.

Perhaps the middle tier could be raised to protect the MLT from heat. I can figure out the plumbing / gas lines on my own (or with help).
Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:53 PM   #13
Cheesefood
Recipes 

http://home.comcast.net/~verhulst/RIMS/

Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Cool Shirts.

Old 10-11-2007, 09:01 PM   #14
Cheesefood
Recipes 

http://www.west-point.org/users/usma...94/brewery.htm

Cool Shirts.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:14 PM   #15
HenryHill
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesefood
Got it, thanks. I figure he's a plumber or something. Just look at how well thought out his hard-plumbing is: he knew to put cleanouts (flush-outs?) in various places.

I see the rigid-plumbed inline pumps as a strictly clean-in-place type set-up-I definitely want to be able to remove my tuns for cleaning/whatever. The inevitable movement of the tuns and temp changes scare me about hard lining all the plumbing to the tuns...It doesn't seem like he'd need to be a plumber to come up with this system- the valves are simply placed as tun outlets with a direct-drain in each drop before the pump. After the pump come the flow restricting valves-basic and simple. I would prefer to use hose, and QD's...

BobbyM, the 'logic' type valve system comes only with recirculating systems-I ain't headed there, at least not yet...

As for the uni-strut, it also comes with a green painted coating, but the cadmium coated stuff he used would be more rust resistant-and pricey. A smart employee would buy at cost from the employer saving on mark-up and, most likely, taxes. I may be missing something in his Page pics, but it seems to be only bolts, the obligatory uni-strut 'nuts' (flat stock with threaded holes that will span the gap of the uni-strut), and tabs; 90* and flat, to connect pieces to each other.

For some, cost is not a hindrance-but ability is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
This is HBT of course. Normal Thread that goes every direction but the one intended. This forum should be scientific proof the beer causes ADD

Last edited by HenryHill; 10-12-2007 at 08:21 PM.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:48 PM   #16
mr x
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Hill
I see the rigid-plumbed inline pumps as a strictly clean-in-place type set-up-I definitely want to be able to remove my tuns for cleaning/whatever.
It looks to me like those tuns are connected with fittings that allow for easy removal. The worst thing I see is metal. A bit of insulation on the tuns and piping would be nice, but I'm an efficiency freak...

This place really went to hell. Follow the OF standard stout. Bye.

Old 10-12-2007, 09:19 PM   #17
HenryHill
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr x
It looks to me like those tuns are connected with fittings that allow for easy removal. The worst thing I see is metal. A bit of insulation on the tuns and piping would be nice, but I'm an efficiency freak...
Yup, saw the unions on the MLT and BK, I just left out 'easily and quickly' in my post. And yet, there is no union on the outlet of the HLT, or between the MLT and BK.

To me, 'quick and easily' is QD's, not large crescent wrench...

Unions are great for a water softener or water heater that you may have to replace every 5-10 years...

Were I plumbing a barrel or multi-barrel system, it would be hard plumbed, the vessels would be firmly anchored and I would be doing C.I.P.

For 5 to 10 gallons, I see KISS, and make it modular.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
This is HBT of course. Normal Thread that goes every direction but the one intended. This forum should be scientific proof the beer causes ADD

Old 10-12-2007, 09:24 PM   #18
mr x
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I see compression fittings on all the tanks. Looks pretty easy to break that down. But I'm an instrument mechanic and it's second nature to me.

This place really went to hell. Follow the OF standard stout. Bye.

Old 10-13-2007, 12:27 AM   #19
natehilde

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

Here is my Monster. I am still refining it. There are so many things to add on once you get the main points covered.

"A Chief Petty Officer does not drink. But if he drinks, he will not get drunk. And if he gets drunk he will not stumble. And if he stumbles he will not fall. But if he falls, he will fall with his service stripes down, so that passers by think him to be a Junior Officer."

Old 10-13-2007, 11:54 AM   #20
Grimsawyer
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M
...You need a frickin degree in boolean logic to set all the valves per function.
NAW, they make sense. Here's a few pics of mine. Just went out to the garage and snapped them with my cell phone. Oh yeah, and the pump isn't connected with hard pipe, there are silicone tubing sections to and from it. I just diddn't want to drop something and snap the head of my pump... I just know my luck and that kind of crap just seems to happen to me. hehehe

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. They wake up in the morning and that's as good as they're going to feel all day." -Dean Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBeer
...no sense hauling empty carboys around when full ones take up just as much space. :)

Last edited by Grimsawyer; 10-13-2007 at 11:56 AM.

Quick Reply