New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Single tier liquid flow / plumbing planning help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
cripplecreek
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Single tier liquid flow / plumbing planning help

Hey guys,
I'm working on my Brutus style single tier system. I purchased a BCS-460 and I'm planning on using solenoid valves to pump the liquid between my 3 vessels. I'm thinking, at this point, of sticking with a direct fired RIMS setup but I may change that to a RIMS tube. Anyhow, I'm trying to plan out the flow of liquid so I can figure out plumbing. I'm hoping to not have to disconnect / reconnect anything during the brew day and if I do, I'd like to keep it minimal. I'm wondering how some of you have tackled this problem? Is there any easy to use software out there? I know that AutoCad can do it, but it's pretty complicated and I don't want to have to spend 40hrs learning it. I've looked into CFD software, but again you need an engineering degree to use them and the cost big $$$$$.

Any help and input is greatly appreciated.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 08:51 PM   #2
ehedge20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The problem with not having to connect or disconnect is the additional amount of pipe and valves which add to the cost as if you want the BCS to control them they will have to be a solenoid valve as well. I use quick disconnects thru the process and works just fine. Your other option would be to hard plum and use ball valves in which you would manually operate.

Have you watched Lonnie Mac's Videos on Youtube? This will give you an idea of what is required.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply