Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Show us your sculpture or brew rig

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2010, 07:21 PM   #891
DeBrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

A sneak peek at my build. Designed a few different approaches in my head and this one triumphed based on my needs. It is a Blichmann-esque principal with a twist. It collapses to a maximum length of no more than 3 feet and fits in the trunk of my TL-S with room to spare. It is lite and can be assembled in a few minutes with a handful of bolts and two wrenches. Burners etc.. should be here Friday. Third keggle not pictured Everything used can be purchased at Lowe's. Full write up to come.... Cheers!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2010, 07:39 PM   #892
klyph
Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Will you be securing that top keg some how? It doesn't appear level, and I don't imagine 10 gallons of strike water dumping out on you would be very pleasant.

Primary: saison
Secondary: nada
Conditioning: macaroon stout
Drinking: store bought

Old 10-12-2010, 09:20 PM   #893
homebeerbrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 73 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 18

That could be an optical illusion. The ladder in the background doesn't look level, so it could make the other objects in the picture look unlevel (is that a word?) too.

I'm wondering how strong that center piece is. Will it hold the weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaRules View Post
... I just threw up on my wife.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:23 AM   #894
Hsmithmathews
Recipes 

This is my sculpture, its a work in process. just finished the automated valves

Old 10-13-2010, 04:26 AM   #895
Hsmithmathews
Recipes 

Here are more images, let me know what you think...

Old 10-13-2010, 06:11 AM   #896
klyph
Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Very nice, not the most compact design, but very utilitarian, I bet you'll brew some mighty fine beer on it. I like the control panel.

Primary: saison
Secondary: nada
Conditioning: macaroon stout
Drinking: store bought

Old 10-13-2010, 02:02 PM   #897
DeBrewer
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by klyph View Post
Will you be securing that top keg some how? It doesn't appear level, and I don't imagine 10 gallons of strike water dumping out on you would be very pleasant.
Yes it will be secured. I am planning on welding some small uprights on each platform to secure the bottom from sliding and then using straps around the keg to the stand itself. I was in Wal Mart this weekend and found what function like a bunjee(sp) but are thin and wide like a strap. They are adjustable and fit perfectly around the keg and hook into the square tubing.

The stand does sit slightly crooked in the pic but the ladder makes it look way off. The reason it sits crooked is that when I was tacking it all togethar it was flat on the concrete but when I welded the underside of the legs(vertical L channel to the square runners) it threw everything out of whack from the bead line. A little grinding should fix that. I am also planning on putting some form of adjustable leveling pads on the ends of the legs.

Each leg can be unbolted from the square tubing and the square tubing comes apart in three sections and each platform is removable. I need to take a pic of it disassembled. It can easily be assembled, disassembled, and carried by one person. Although it may never be the roaming brew stand, space is a concern in suburbia since my automotive fetish gets the majority of the garage. This will be stored in the "brew room" (spare bed room) next to my kegorator/fermentation chamber. Temp controlled chamber that fits 4 carboys and the kegorator side that still holds 8 cornys. Yet another work in progress.....

Old 10-13-2010, 02:35 PM   #898
EarthBound
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 84

Here's my rig

"You can do anything you set your mind to when you have vision, determination, and an endless supply of beer."

Old 10-14-2010, 10:36 PM   #899
ghart999
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Old 10-15-2010, 06:21 PM   #900
moxie
Recipes 

I just went through this entire thread at work, and I've got to say that it's interesting to see such a diverse range of equipment being incorporated here. I am brewing 5 Gal AG batches, using a plastic fermenter as an HLT, and a 10 gallon cooler as a mash tun... I am a fit guy, but lugging around huge pots of scalding hot water is disheartening indeed. I would love to built one of these brew rigs, but I am just starting to scratch the surface in terms of HERMS, RIMS, and whatever else there is to learn. I would love to get beyond using my refrigerator and a table chair to create a makeshift 3 tier brewery, there is some real inspiration in here, if only I had some skills in welding.

What is the mecanno looking stuff I have seen in here? It looks like it is pre-rigged with holes for simple fabrication. Is this stuff cost effective/reliable? Are there any other examples of this stuff being used for brew rigs?

By the way, that green beast above is a real 'beaut.

Quick Reply