The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Show us your sculpture or brew rig

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2013, 07:21 PM   #2921
Flomaster
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 37

here it is for now, Rims tool box below, two chugger pumps and SS table tops with galv shelves below price FREE 99.

will one day be an all Electric Rig with 240V control panel.

-=Jason=-

img_20131208_112723-1-.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2013, 02:29 AM   #2922
bd2xu
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 24 Posts

Those kegs are beauty, how long does it take to polish one like that?

On tap: Hop Hammer, Cottage House Saison, Western MI IPA, Petite Saison d'ete, Centennial Blonde, caramel apple cider
Bottled: Weizenbier, LaChouffe Clone, La Fin Du Monde Clone, Cottage House Oaked Saison with Chardonnay

Text to SWMBO: "Honey I'm having one more pint with the guys, be home in 20 minutes. If I'm not home by then, read this message again."

Old 12-24-2013, 03:34 AM   #2923
day_trippr
Recipes 

Liked 975 Times on 797 Posts

Hours. And best not done indoors...

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/poli...phemism-54025/

Cheers!

Old 12-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #2924
coreythomas5
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

First brew on the new stand and new pump this Sunday. imageuploadedbyhome-brew1387965493.104945.jpgimageuploadedbyhome-brew1387965511.387405.jpg

Old 01-01-2014, 09:20 PM   #2925
EmDubeu
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Here's the new rendering (it's missing the casters for some reason).

The long vertical bar is for mounting a Pot Filling Faucet on. This faucet will fill the HLT and MT with water.

Each of the burners will have a stainless steel cover with an 11 inch diameter hole cut into it. This will prevent the heat from the burners from washing up the keggle. These covers are removable to wash and access the top of the burner.

The chugger pumps will have splash guards on them to prevent any liquids from dripping on the pumps. The pumps can be moved forward or backward to accommodate a horizontal or vertical pump head installation.

The control box will be mounted on the left side. This will control the HLT temperature for the HERMS and also turn on/off pumps and accessories.

So here's the best things. All the stainless steel will be purchased at cost from my buddy's company. We will pay one of his builders to laser cut all the parts and press all the angles (he takes cash and beer as payment). I'll be posting images of the build progress as it's made.

brew-stand-2.0-view-1.jpg   brew-stand-2.0-view-2.jpg   burner-heat-wash-cover-.jpg   burner-heat-wash-cover-off.jpg   bottom-view-burner-heat-wash-cover-.jpg  

Old 01-01-2014, 09:28 PM   #2926
EmDubeu
Recipes 

Here's the Hot Liquor Tank with HERMS installed. I also installed a weldless fitting 2000 watt heating element that's connected to a Johnson A419 temperature controller.

20131227_191857.jpg   20131227_191906.jpg   20131227_192706.jpg   1388097950720.jpg  

Old 01-01-2014, 09:47 PM   #2927
EmDubeu
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcaudill View Post
Can't remember if I posted this up here or not! So just in case:

30 gallon direct-fired RIMS with Brewtroller. All kettles interconnected via hard pipe and 3 way valves control the direction of flow. All soft tubing is 3/4" ID chlorobutyl brewery hose. Ceramic coated 1" steel tube stand, combination high and low pressure propane, 30-plate chiller, inline aeration. Last mod will be hard plumbing the water into the end of the main rail instead of direct to the HLT. This also gives me a CIP entry/exit point.
I'm in the process of designing my brew stand, which is similar to yours. My mechanical engineer friend and I could benefit by seeing some more images of your brew stand. Did you design/build it yourself?

Mike
Old 01-01-2014, 09:50 PM   #2928
jcaudill
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 53 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmDubeu View Post
I'm in the process of designing my brew stand, which is similar to yours. My mechanical engineer friend and I could benefit by seeing some more images of your brew stand. Did you design/build it yourself?

Mike
Yep sure did - contact me via PM and I'll help however I can.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:56 PM   #2929
jcaudill
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 53 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmDubeu View Post
Here's the new rendering (it's missing the casters for some reason).

The long vertical bar is for mounting a Pot Filling Faucet on. This faucet will fill the HLT and MT with water.

Each of the burners will have a stainless steel cover with an 11 inch diameter hole cut into it. This will prevent the heat from the burners from washing up the keggle. These covers are removable to wash and access the top of the burner.

The chugger pumps will have splash guards on them to prevent any liquids from dripping on the pumps. The pumps can be moved forward or backward to accommodate a horizontal or vertical pump head installation.

The control box will be mounted on the left side. This will control the HLT temperature for the HERMS and also turn on/off pumps and accessories.

So here's the best things. All the stainless steel will be purchased at cost from my buddy's company. We will pay one of his builders to laser cut all the parts and press all the angles (he takes cash and beer as payment). I'll be posting images of the build progress as it's made.
Two quick comments for you:

1) You may want to consider making the burner height adjustable. I designed this into my stand and have taken advantage of it several times. You just don't know for sure where those burners need to be and it gives you no flexibility if you need to make a change later that involves where the kettles will be.

2) I'd recommend elevating the kettles off your stand somehow. You don't want to trap that heat and it'll stop the stand from getting super-heated. Those burners need room to breath.

Good luck!

2)

Old 01-01-2014, 10:31 PM   #2930
EmDubeu
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcaudill View Post
Two quick comments for you:

1) You may want to consider making the burner height adjustable. I designed this into my stand and have taken advantage of it several times. You just don't know for sure where those burners need to be and it gives you no flexibility if you need to make a change later that involves where the kettles will be.

2) I'd recommend elevating the kettles off your stand somehow. You don't want to trap that heat and it'll stop the stand from getting super-heated. Those burners need room to breath.

Good luck!

2)
I like your idea about the adjustable burners. I'll engineer some slots for the burner to adjust up or down. My original measurements of the distance between the burner and the kettle was based upon my blichmann burner. The burner is at 2 3/4 inches away from the kettle.

I'm torn about elevating the kettles off the stand, per your suggestion. I'm really trying to keep the heat from the burner washing up on all my valves and element cable. With my burner covers that I've designed, the heat will dissipate around and outside the brewstand. I understand this may heat up the stand...

Quick Reply