Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Show us your sculpture or brew rig

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2011, 01:15 PM   #1421
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2118 Times on 1520 Posts
Likes Given: 1162

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelterPupsBrew View Post
This thread blew me away! Amazing rigs here, the information is invaluable to newbies like myself.

A question to all you cooler MLT users out there: has anyone tried taking the wheels off of a rolling cooler and use the axle as a hinge point for a tippy dump setup? I am sure someone has done this, I just haven't seen any pictures of it.

Thanks for the inspiration. I hope to get my rig on this thread sometime this year!
Interesting! I am not sure a 10G cooler is heavy enough for most people to really need this option. But there might be some who use a larger cooler, or who have physical limitations that would make that a very nice feature to have!

Good idea!

Well, my summer is practically gone and I have still not designed my system, let alone started building it. I better get cracking!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2011, 11:40 PM   #1422
rekoob
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 42 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have been waiting a long time to be able to post my rig on this thread, and I thank every one who helped me out along the way. She has two batches under her belt and so far I couldn't be happier.

Thanks again,
Pat

forumrunner_20110908_193410.jpg   forumrunner_20110908_193513.jpg   forumrunner_20110908_193558.jpg   forumrunner_20110908_193653.jpg  
Old 09-09-2011, 04:55 PM   #1423
natmartin
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Finally got my new system up and running, after more than a year of not brewing.

The stand is made out of kitchen-style heavy duty wire shelving. Turkey fryers for HLT and Boil Kettle, with sight glasses, valves, and thermometers. Mash tun is a 10 gallon cooler with a false bottom.

First brew day went fantastic. Only real problems was that the propane hose to the top burner isn't long enough.

Old 09-12-2011, 05:04 PM   #1424
neumann
Recipes 

After drooling after the systems in this thread and being ashamed of my bits and pieces build, I dropped the cash and built myself a single tier.

Saturday was the first brew day and everything went as planned. Still having various issues with getting the pump primed but it's getting better. This photo was taken after the boil while I was recirculating the wort for chilling.

Old 09-12-2011, 05:47 PM   #1425
Mpavlik22
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by neumann
After drooling after the systems in this thread and being ashamed of my bits and pieces build, I dropped the cash and built myself a single tier.

Saturday was the first brew day and everything went as planned. Still having various issues with getting the pump primed but it's getting better. This photo was taken after the boil while I was recirculating the wort for chilling.
Nice build! Is ur stand bolted together? Looks like the top is. I'm a little discouraged w the whole welding issue.

"If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail"

Old 09-12-2011, 05:52 PM   #1426
neumann
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpavlik22

Nice build! Is ur stand bolted together? Looks like the top is. I'm a little discouraged w the whole welding issue.
The whole thing is welded. My brother-in-law helped me with that (by "help" I mean he did all of the welding)

Old 09-12-2011, 05:53 PM   #1427
ragee93
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Default Pilot system NoDa Brewing in charlotte.

Built this for my friend Todd at NoDa brewing in Charlotte.

brewstand.jpg  

Old 09-12-2011, 07:00 PM   #1428
BrewDan
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekoob View Post
Okay, I'm in the process of welding my stand together and have been reading TONS of threads looking for a reasonable caster to fit my 2" square tube. the tube is 3/16" thick.

ANYONE have any idea what i should be looking at? I looked up the casters on caster city and there is no way i'm going to pay over 80 bucks for casters.... I know someone out there has found some casters to fit inside for MUCH cheaper then that.

Please help me out here, my back would really appreciate it. :-)
Not sure if they deliver to the US, but in canada try Busy Bee Tools ( www.busybeetools.com )

Dan

Last edited by BrewDan; 09-12-2011 at 07:03 PM.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:15 PM   #1429
BrewerinBR
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 116 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Default My Gravity Rig

Got one brew done on it ... planning number two for next weekend...
Smokey Pumpkin Porter...

2011-09-05_16-14-42_773.jpg  

I seek not a hobby to fill my time; I seek a passion to fill my life!

Basement Brew Room Build:
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/basement-brew-house-247971/

"Shame on the man of cultivated taste who permits refinement to develop into fastidiousness that unfits him for doing the rough work of a workaday world." -Theodore Roosevelt

Old 09-13-2011, 01:53 PM   #1430
MaxOut
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 59 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by neumann View Post
Still having various issues with getting the pump primed but it's getting better.
Just a suggestion would be to move the pump to the lowest point of your plumbing and it will help with priming issues. That long line on your inlet will collect air. Support that above your pump. Just a thought.

Quick Reply