Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Sciplus Regulator question for keezer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2008, 11:41 AM   #1
bushump
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Sciplus Regulator question for keezer

To all that can possibly help. I am getting ready to start building my keezer. I am going to have two sciplus secondary regulators on the inside with t-wyes for two different pressures on 4 kegs if needed. My question is; what does everyone use to mount these regulators? Are there brackets? Possibly attach them to the collar? Suggestions and pictures would be awesome. Hopefully once I get going on this and finally get all my parts in I will start posting pictures of the build. Thanks for the help guys.

Brandon

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2008, 03:54 PM   #2
conpewter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I have not mounted mine on anything yet, but they have a mounting screw hole on the back of the, you just need to find a bolt of the right size and threads to fit it (just take the regulator to the hardware store with you..) I then would mount them to brackets, that would then screw into a piece of wood probably to hold them upright.

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

Primary: Nothin
Secondary: Shady Lord RIS, Water to Barleywine, Pumpkin wine, burnt mead
Kegged: Crappy infected mild
Bottles: Apfelwein, 999 Barleywine, Oatmeal Stout, Robust Porter, Robust smoked porter, Simcoe Smash

Old 07-03-2008, 04:22 PM   #3
wizardofza

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by conpewter View Post
I have not mounted mine on anything yet, but they have a mounting screw hole on the back of the, you just need to find a bolt of the right size and threads to fit it (just take the regulator to the hardware store with you..) I then would mount them to brackets, that would then screw into a piece of wood probably to hold them upright.
Yep, that's what I did. I basically drilled 4 countersunk holes in the back of a 3/4" piece of painted poplar and mounted the regs on that. I then used self-tapping screws to mount the board to my inside kegerator wall.

You can see it somewhat here : http://www.homebrewtalk.com/gallery/...l&ppuser=10609

Reason: changed url

Old 07-03-2008, 04:33 PM   #4
Jester369
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 114 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I was going to use the threaded holes as well, but it ended up being heavy enough that it lays nice and flat on the shelf I built for the manifold. Also, the input port goes through a hole in the shelf, so even if it does get bumped, it can't really fall. I probably will attach it at some point, but laziness rules at the moment.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:49 PM   #5
findthefish
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

You can buy mounting brackets designed for the regulators. My secondary regs were used, and came with them, and I mounted it to the outside of my collar. You can find them online, MicroMatic has some for example.

Kevin

The Bruery Provisions - Homebrewing supplies and equipment.
BrewCommune - Orange County home brew club, yeast database, recipes, and forum.

On Deck: Belgian IPA
Primary: nothing
Secondary: Traditional Mead
Kegged: APA, Cream Ale, Belgian Ale, Sour Belgian, Barrel Aged RIS

Old 07-03-2008, 07:55 PM   #6
bushump
Recipes 

Thanks. I will look into those on micromatic as I want to just mount them to the inside of the somewhere. That brings up a good question: Do most people mount them on the inside or does anyone leave them on the outside so they can control pressure without lifting the lid? Just a thought. thanks again guys!

Brandon

Old 07-03-2008, 08:02 PM   #7
conpewter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Mine will be mounted on the outside with my Co2 tank, will keep them from rusting up from any condensation. Also I hear it is better on the diaphragms inside.

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

Primary: Nothin
Secondary: Shady Lord RIS, Water to Barleywine, Pumpkin wine, burnt mead
Kegged: Crappy infected mild
Bottles: Apfelwein, 999 Barleywine, Oatmeal Stout, Robust Porter, Robust smoked porter, Simcoe Smash

Quick Reply