Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Rubbermaid Cart for Brew Rig

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2012, 11:35 PM   #1
Rickochet
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Rubbermaid Cart for Brew Rig

I am in the process of building an electric brew rig using Cajun 10 gallon SS pot for the HLT and a 15 gallon Sanke keg for the Boil Kettle. I also have a heavy duty Rubbermaid style 24"x36" cart that I have been thinking about using as the portable rig. The cart I have has a 500 lb. load capacity which is well within my design limits even when both kettles contain liquid. http://www.harborfreight.com/24-x-36...art-69444.html

I am just an occasional all grain brewer so this unit will not get used every weekend. One of the concerns I have is the ability to heat the kettles without affecting the integrity of the plastic. I plan to set the kettles on a 2"x4" pine butcher block style base setting directly on the top shelf of the cart. Has anyone fabricated a similar type of setup? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

It is easier to do things right the 1st time rather than to explain why it wasn't when you have to do it the 2nd time.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 05:15 PM   #2
bradjoiner
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I would think you would be fine as long as the wood is on there, but you could get this for half the price and have steel. http://www.harborfreight.com/24-inch...cart-5770.html

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply