Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Rip out the partition between fridge and freezer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2012, 06:34 AM   #1
emerex
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Rip out the partition between fridge and freezer

I have an upright fridge as a fermentation chamber, unfortunately its too short for my conical with an airlock on it (just barely). The freezer part isn't being used for anything so im thinking of cutting out the partition and making one big chamber in it. Has anyone else done this? are there coolant lines in there? (I'd carefully cut the top layer of plastic out and find out first anyway, but i was hoping to get a response from someone with experience)

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2012, 06:55 AM   #2
boist
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

yeah, bad idea. There are cooling lines throughout the freezer box (it's actually how the whole fridge works, there's no actual cooling lines in the fridge section, just the freezer, and that cools the whole thing.
You may be able to cut away some of the plastic from the top of the fridge section and fit the fermentor in that way. Or you can switch to a blowoff tub that would be lower than an airlock. But don't cut the partition

My Beer and Brewing Blog:
http://threecatsbrewery.blogspot.com

Old 02-28-2012, 07:09 AM   #3
emerex
Recipes 

Thanks for the info! I thought the lines ran in the outer walls. Oh well,guess its back to craigslist for me!

Quick Reply