Originally Posted by uberg33k
Since the list on the first post was last updated in 2009, I just want to check something. Is the generally accepted "best parts" list is still the same?
I'm basically looking at
- http://www.brewhardware.com/rimsherms-parts/122-rims for the body
- Adding a 1 1/2" SS Camlock pairing to make the element easily removed
- The 1500W 120-1500-ELD element from plumbingsupply.com
- Auber 2352 PID
- Auber TC-K100M1/2NPT K-type thermocouple
- A 25A SSR with heat sink
- 20A GFCI extension cord
- Couple of appropriately rated switches, a project box, and perhaps a cooling fan
That's a good start, but why not spend $17 extra and make it with triclamp fittings. I found this RIMS Tube
at glaciertanks in the not easily seen "More" tab of the "Triclamp Product 304/316" tab. It comes with everything you need; 2 x 1.5" triclamp T's and 5 x 1.5" Triclamps with seals for an amazing $89. Check out JoeyChopps parts list
for the 1.5" Triclamp to 1" NPT fitting you'll need for your element and my post on the 1.5" Triclamp RTD
. Then all you need is a pump, heater element, PID circuit, and your wort in/out connections.