Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Repairing Lever Type Pressure Relief Valve (older firestone)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
MrFoodScientist
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Repairing Lever Type Pressure Relief Valve (older firestone)

I have a keg that only holds pressure up to about 15psi. I want to hit it with at least 30-35 because I'm force carbing soda. The PRV is the older style firestone valve with the lever, and that's where it leaks above 15psi. I'd like to find a solution for as cheaply as possible.

I figure it has to be the spring that's weakened over time. Has anyone ever purchased springs to replace the original on these? They have about a 1/2" spring that compresses to 3/8" when the keg is sealed.

Find Recipes on my blog: The Homemade Soda Expert I'd love some feedback!
Now Available from Quarry Books -- Making Soda at Home: Mastering the Craft of Carbonation
Like on Facebook!, Follow on Twitter, Add to Goodreads

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply