Re-shaping a chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ebaynote

Reaction score
Hey
I just got my keggle back and my
chiller doesn't fit in top. Just curious
if anyone has had to re bend the copper.
Is it enough to just work the copper
around a smaller diameter shape to
make it fit? Thanks in advance for any
insights.

I don't know that I would risk bending it. Your copper will be work hardened from use and will be more brittle than new copper. If you decide to go for it be very careful.

I don't know that I would risk bending it. Your copper will be work hardened from use and will be more brittle than new copper. If you decide to go for it be very careful.

I agree, but it may be worth trying. If you kink it or a fracture develops from trying to rework it, you'll need to build a new one with new copper. But, if you're successful, you just saved some $.

I just recoiled mine tighter a couple nights ago around a 10# CO2 tank. When you buy 50' of refrigeration line it comes in a flat coil. I uncoiled mine to look somewhat like that and recoiled it around the tank. I would have been a PITA to coil it tighter when its already coiled up....

Back