New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Quick simple wiring question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 02:50 AM   #1
dontman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Quick simple wiring question

I just bought my AC unit for my reach in cooler. I also ordered a thermostat with a piggyback plug.

Question is this: as near as I can figure all I have to do to rewire my AC to work with this unit is bypass the internal AC thermostat. There are two wires connected to the t-stat. If I just direct connect these two wires I am good to go, yes?

I am starting the actual construction of this unit tomorrow. Kind of excited. The final footprint that I have decided on is 3'5" D X 5' H X 6' 5"W. It will have two reclaimed refrigerator doors on the front. 30" W X 48" H each. The total fridge space will be 90 cubic ft. Enough room for up to a dozen kegs, plus 6-8 cases of beer and another couple cases of white or sparkling wine or cider. Plus room for two full carboys.

I also plan to build a 2' extension that will serve as a manually vented fermentation chamber.

I will be chilling it with a 6500 BTU AC and a no name prewired t-stat .

On Tap: 1. Kelly R. IPA, 2. Roter Hund Hefeweizen, 3. Bud Killer Blonde, 4. Red Dog Pale, 5. Roter Hund Oktoberfest, 6. Pumpkin Ale, 7. McRed's Stout (with new nitro system and stout tap,) Cream Soda, 8. ESB # 3, & 9. Ordinary Bitter.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2009, 04:23 AM   #2
jtrainer
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Don't listen to me but yeah that's what I've read a number of times now...

I brew the best beer around.... don't believe me, ship me a keg of your finest and I'll email a picture of me testing your beer with a write up....

OnTap: Rocky's IPA
OnTap: Wife's Ale
OnTap: Air
Fermenter: Vanilla Porter, Riley's Smile, Mead
OnDeck: Wifes Ale, J da Arrogant Bastard, Js Pale Ale, Rocky's Bark

Old 07-30-2009, 05:10 AM   #3
boogyman
Recipes 

The best thing to do would be to take a multimeter (if you have access to one) and measure the AC voltage across those 2 wires to make sure they're the correct ones.

Quick Reply