Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Questions on building a simple control panel on brewstand

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 02:23 PM   #1
cookstownbrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Default Questions on building a simple control panel on brewstand

Hi guys,

I recently completed my new weldless brewstand using angle iron and I'm in the early stages of planning a control panel for it. I'm looking for any help for the wiring and have a few questions about what I will need.

My setup uses propane so I'm not looking to automate the burners yet but I may be interested in doing that in the future. Right now I'm just hoping to be able to monitor the temps from the control panel. Can I use an STC 1000 for simple monitoring? My thought was to use two STC 1000s, one for the HLT and one for the BK.

I also then wanted to use two switch/outlet combos for my pumps (I currently only have one pump but anticipate buying another one soon)

So basically I'm looking for a panel with 2 temperature monitors up top, two switch/outlet combos below and possibly a timer so I could setup times for mashing, boiling, hop addition etc. Would anyone be able to help with (or know of) a wiring diagram for that sort of setup?

Thanks.

Tap 1: Flying Monkey Smashbomb IPA Clone (with slight modifications)
Tap 2: St. Amber Ale
Bottled: Cream of Three Crops Cream Ale, St. Amber Ale, Adam Oatesmeal Bourbon Oak Aged Stout, Smashbomb IPA Clone, Smashing Pumpkin Ale
Fermenter #1 - Jalapeño Cream Ale
Fermenter #2 - Centennial Blonde

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply