Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Question on Staining Keezer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #1
GrumpySquirrel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Question on Staining Keezer

So, I'm working my way through building my Keezer and needed some recommendations... I'm currently getting through cutting all of the wood and about to actually assemble the whole thing (doing a fully enclosed coffin keezer).

I was planning on staining all of the pieces before assembling it, to avoid having to carry the whole thing in to the garage (building inside) and then staining, then carrying back inside. But, it's starting to get cold here in Michigan, and I'm wondering if I should wait to start staining the wood.
The keezer will live inside, so maybe I should just build it then stain in the spring.

My wife is pregnant, so staining inside at all is definitely out of the question (however, I'm not sure I'd ever stain inside anyways). Any advice is appreciated.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #2
dfess1
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 86 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 75

You can certainly stain it before assembling. Tape off any areas where you will be gluing any joints. You don't want stain on them. The temp will just make it dry slower (to a point). But if you're doing it in the next week or so, you should be ok.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply