Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Question on mini fridge conversion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #1
Dukeman9988
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default Question on mini fridge conversion

I am currently converting my mini fridge to Kegerator. After removing the plastic on the door and smoothing out the foam do I need to place something over the foam? Will this mold if I don't cover it?
Also I am going to have to bend the freezer down, is there any suggested method to doing this besides "carefully"?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 02:45 PM   #2
cincybrewer
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I just bent mine down last night and after I was able to get it out of the molded shelving, it bent pretty easily without a problem. Just go slow, but mine bent with little resistance.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:54 PM   #3
Mosebag
Recipes 

According to my local homebrew store, you need not worry. Some people prefer to put some vinyl tile on the inside but it's not necessary. Some people also do Plexiglas, but that's a pain in the ass to cut.

Much like cincybrewer, I bent my freezer down last night. Slow and steady wins the race, and there isn't much more advice than that aside from making sure the fridge has been off for quite some time so the tubing is more pliable. Consistent moderate downward pressure should do the trick, best of luck.

Quick Reply