Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Pumps

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2012, 06:31 PM   #31
sarsnik
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

What about something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/High-tempera...item25601a7dbe

It's coated in zirconium oxide, which they use for fake teeth so it's ostensibly food safe.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #32
CidahMastah
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincade View Post
I'll give you that demand exceeds supply. But the last time they were in stock they were in for a few weeks, not 5 seconds.

And I DID have a small problem with a chugger while they were out of stock. Mike promptly sent me a replacement within days. My experience is that their customer service is fantastic, and that they keep pump parts/heads/etc in stock for warranty issues even when the pumps are not available to buy.

MHO,
5 seconds was figurative speak; but my experience in the 3 times I was notified via email they were in stock, they were sold out from various vendors hands within 24hrs (farmhouse Rebelbrewer to name a few). These notifications probably spanned over a period of 4-6 months or so. I can't contest that you found a vendor who held them for a few weeks. Point is they weren't widely available from most sellers for around a 4-6 month period.

I didn't say it was a bad product, or the customer service was bad. I did say I was unhappy with the lack of supply and voiced a concern about "what if I had a problem". It is good to hear that you had a good experience with stock of parts for warranty issues. That does alleviate some of my concerns I have about being able to repair or replace a pump under warranty.

Man,... That's a lotta hooch!
Steel rig in progress
ebuild info

Old 03-08-2012, 07:42 PM   #33
rekoob
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CidahMastah View Post
5 seconds was figurative speak; but my experience in the 3 times I was notified via email they were in stock, they were sold out from various vendors hands within 24hrs (farmhouse Rebelbrewer to name a few). These notifications probably spanned over a period of 4-6 months or so. I can't contest that you found a vendor who held them for a few weeks. Point is they weren't widely available from most sellers for around a 4-6 month period.

I didn't say it was a bad product, or the customer service was bad. I did say I was unhappy with the lack of supply and voiced a concern about "what if I had a problem". It is good to hear that you had a good experience with stock of parts for warranty issues. That does alleviate some of my concerns I have about being able to repair or replace a pump under warranty.
I have to agree. I tried to get a couple multiple times only to end up with a march 809. I would have liked to save the money, at the time they were cheaper, just couldn't get my hands on any. I think he has a good point.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #34
zzzzzzzzz
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I bought an Iwaki 15 pump 100Volt(Japan) for $20. It gets pretty warm on 110Volts, and it is volumetrically just fine. The Iwaki site says to 180 degrees F. I also just bought 2 - 110Volt Iwaki 20's for $30. They are bigger volume and head also 180 degrees. I will use my new March 815 for the BKettle and Iwakis for 2 other pumps and have a spare. Careful to do good cleaning and beware some were used in photo processing and very dark (likely silver oxide?). Mine all were very clean looking, sterilized and tested for taste. All seems good.
FYI, Jim

Quick Reply