Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Primo Stir plate made easy

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2011, 03:42 PM   #41
Xalwine
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbeavk View Post
I'm not sure its a good idea to post a list being I'm trying to communicate as best I can. I'm also getting emails from some that have not posted so it's a little confusing. See edit below. It is fun as hell sending out stuff for you guys that labs normally pay some big bux for. We gonna make some brews withit and please make sure you post up your version when you have it the way you want it. Certainly there should be better magnets and stir bar configurations. I'm going to try and set one up for the plastic Better Bottles if I can.
Carry On
Only posted it so that others would know (about) how many people had already requested. I know there is a limited number of these things. If you'd prefer i'll pull the list that i posted.

Fermenting:
None :-(
Kegged:
Test batch
Test batch
(empty)
(empty)
(empty)
(empty)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2011, 04:08 PM   #42
Bigbeavk
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 29

It's ok to just leave it posted. We will work through it.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:47 PM   #43
Bigbeavk
Recipes 

FYI,
Since my wife dropped off the first one to the post office the other day with out getting a confirmation number and insurance we will need to make sure we get paid for it in the future. The one that was sent today she did get a confirmation number for and it was an extra .70 cents. When I asked the lady at the post office how much everything would be she mis quoted the price. I think with insurance that would add another .80 cents. So in the future those that want the 2 extras (confirmation and insurance) it will be $17.30 to get one shipped that way. I think that leaves me with a nickel for gas and packing tape. lol
Those that I've already sent emails to are ok as is because of a generous tip given.
Carry on

Last edited by Bigbeavk; 08-05-2011 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Last one shipped with insurance was $17.30

Old 05-11-2011, 09:06 PM   #44
tbel
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
FYI,
Those that I've already sent emails to are ok as is because of a generous tip given.
Carry on
Not sure I'll be able to give a "generous tip" but I would hope everyone would give you something extra.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:55 PM   #45
ekjohns
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

for all those that are getting these i was going to order some magnets from magnets4less.com. they have some super strong magnets (strong that you can find in stores) for cheap but the shipping is pretty high. Would the people that got them like to get some? If so i wil order a bunch and ship them out at cost $3-4 shipped. Of course bigbeavk will be getting a set for free

Old 05-12-2011, 12:10 AM   #46
Bigbeavk
Recipes 

I used the rare earth magnets that were about 3/4" long 1/2" wide and 1/16" thick approximately. 2 stacks about 5 high end to end. They will stick to the center shaft of the motor just fine. I would be careful about ordering 1 big magnet because if the polarity is wrong the stir bar will not center itself and fly off. Here's a link to some 1"x1"x 1/8" magnets that cost $12.99 for a four pack. 2 packs would be needed or you can glue a spacer onto the motor and just use a four pack. There is a little over 1/2" from the top of the unit to the motor.
Here's a link

http://www.rare-earth-magnets.com/p-30-nsn0613.aspx

Here's a link to the same stir bar I bought. I would like to try one that is 3/8" or 1/2" diameter but the 5/18 seamed to work ok. There is all kinds of shapes and sizes so pick what you want or find an assortment and have some fun.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fisher-Magnetic-...item43a2b47e7c

The .090 thick lexan is available at Home Depot in a 1' x 2' sheet for around $24.00 Just be careful using a table saw because it feels like it is going to take flight when you start cutting. It may have been a dull blade but I just went slow and cut 2 pieces. I used the double sided 3m mount molding tape usually found at auto parts stores to hold the lexan on.
Here a linky
http://www.amazon.com/3M-03616-Scotc.../dp/B0026HOTZ2

Old 05-12-2011, 01:16 AM   #47
ekjohns
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
There is a little over 1/2" from the top of the unit to the motor.
How close would a 1/2" magnet be? I can get some for $1 each (with $11 shipping)

anyone else that was lucky enough to get one want to split the price with me? I think there is 4 of us so that would be about $6 to $7 after shipping.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:20 AM   #48
Bigbeavk
Recipes 

When I measured with calipers it was .531 from the top of the motor to the top of the unit. So 1/2 should be fine. Ebay has a ton of these magnets to choose from as well.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:42 PM   #49
dave2851
Recipes 

I would like to get on the list too, please.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:46 AM   #50
Sheldon
Recipes 

Liked 42 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default stirplate

Thanks BigBeav, got mine and now I have to complete the magnet/lexan/stir bar portion on my own.

Quick Reply