Primo Stir plate made easy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I appreciate the thanks, and my wife does too!

But, this thread isn't about me, its about making beer and getting expensive lab equipment for free!

Message sent to chady74 :ban:

musicawal 2nd message sent
ere109 (received)
chady74 message sent!
tbel
Xalwine
I_B_Mongo
eleets2144
trl2112
Fetus
wolverinebrewer
rboucher
dave2851
63belair
BrewBeemer
1ratdog
mkultra69

I've gone through the posts in order and added more to the list. Let me tell ya how fun that was. :D Of course if I made a mistake let me know gently LMAO and I'll fix it. :rockin:

I am to the point of almost buying one since I've been brewing Belgians and stronger beers that need starters. I could send a few samples your way if you have any time in the future to count me in.

chady74 No response
tbel Message Sent
Xalwine
I_B_Mongo
eleets2144
trl2112
Fetus
wolverinebrewer
rboucher
dave2851
63belair
BrewBeemer
1ratdog
mkultra69
JetSmooth

I guess it's time to move on to the next name. "tbel it's your turn :mug:

I've gone through the posts in order and added more to the list. Let me tell ya how fun that was. :D Of course if I made a mistake let me know gently LMAO and I'll fix it. :rockin:

I should be the last on the list after mkultra69, when you add more people! Yay!

With my luck, these will dry out before then. ;)

I would certainly appreciate being added to the back o' the line;^)
Thanks for doing this for your fellow home brewers!

you can throw me down as well if you end up having enough to include me. This is great and perfect for some of the strong ales I plan to brew soon. Just let me know if you can include me! Thanks!

I'm guessing you'll run out of these before you make it through the list, but could you add me to the end just in case? Thanks.

Ok guys shipped another one out. I'll post up when I find another one. Don't count yourselves out on these just try to respond within a week or I will need to move on to the next name. Xalwine is on deck warming up! LMAO :D

tbel Received
Xalwine
I_B_Mongo
eleets2144
trl2112
Fetus
wolverinebrewer
rboucher
dave2851
63belair
BrewBeemer
1ratdog
mkultra69
JetSmooth

I just got mine yesterday. It's hard to believe they are throwing these things away! Looks great. Thanks again.:ban::mug:

I realize I am late to the party, but would love to be added to the list. This may be the only way I would ever be able to make a MR. Malty sized starter!!

Please put me in for one if they come available. Paypal always ready.

Thanks for doing this for your fellow home brewers!

I'm next in line, and I cant wait! I ordered my stir bar and have harvested magnets from old hard drives. I have some plexiglass already cut to a proper size. and ready to be drilled and mounted. All I need is the actual stirplate! You're awesome BigBeavk!

LOL and guess what? I found one today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll work on getting it ready and I'll send ya a PM this evening.:mug:

Well, ill put my name down for the list as well. How long is it?

Ill probably build a cheapo one from a computer fan, but something from this would be far more awesome.

LOL and guess what? I found one today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll work on getting it ready and I'll send ya a PM this evening.:mug:

WOOOOOHOOOOO
tumblr_llhw8gMx5B1qdlkgg.gif

Here's what the list looks like so far from page 9
Xalwine Shipping tomorrow
I_B_Mongo
eleets2144
trl2112
Fetus
wolverinebrewer
rboucher
dave2851
63belair
BrewBeemer
1ratdog
mkultra69
JetSmooth
Don't worry guys these may take some time but ya never know when a few will show up at a time.

Cheers

Well I just picked up 7 big carboys from my great brother in law and have begun the cleaning out process. I figure what the heck after the scrubbing on the outside I filled them with some cleaner dropped the stir bar in and let them spin for a while. I did three 6 1/2 gallon carboys yesterday. Due to the difference in the shape of the bottoms I could only get them up to 400rpm with the 2" stir bar I have. I have to say though they still came out great just stirring away for an hour by themselves. I have to check ebay and see if I can find an assortment of stir bars for a good price.

Big,
when I got on the wait list for your shaker knowing i'll need longer stir bars I located Fisherbrand 2" stir bars. www.fishersci.com 1-800-766-7000. They are on ebay many times with 'buy it now", ordered two 51 x 8 mm x 5/16" at $4.95 each shipping included for $12.40.
Eight sided with center ring vs the shorter bars I already have, these are rather silent when operating at any speeds.

Thanks BrewBeemer those are the ones I already have. I guess since these carboys all are different brands they have different bottoms than the one I first tried and videoed. I don't think most people are worried about mixing something so big anyways I just like to play around. I did get a vortex about 3 inches deep on one of these 6 1/2 gallon carboys though at 400 rpm. I think I'll try one of the cross shaped ones and see how stable they are.

Message sent to I_B_Mongo to be on stand by. I feel we are about to have another one available.

So far we have quite a few out there and nobody has posted any results. Come on guys are we making beer yet? I've since found somebody on a mead forum that is mixing his mead for a whole week with a stir plate and it's actually finishing faster than his batch without stirring. Also he is using a huge 5" stir bar. I have a 3" and a 3/4" x shaped one on order. We ain't playin now! :D

Bigbeavk:

Throw me on the bottom of the list if you dont mind. I'll be sure to be generous to you and post pics if you get this far down. :D

Message sent to I_B_Mongo to be on stand by. I feel we are about to have another one available.

So far we have quite a few out there and nobody has posted any results. Come on guys are we making beer yet? I've since found somebody on a mead forum that is mixing his mead for a whole week with a stir plate and it's actually finishing faster than his batch without stirring. Also he is using a huge 5" stir bar. I have a 3" and a 3/4" x shaped one on order. We ain't playin now! :D

Thanks Bigbeavk! Looking forward to it!

I've since found somebody on a mead forum that is mixing his mead for a whole week with a stir plate and it's actually finishing faster than his batch without stirring. Also he is using a huge 5" stir bar. I have a 3" and a 3/4" x shaped one on order. We ain't playin now! :D

Bigbeavk,
you have any information on where to purchase these 3" and 5" stir bars?

Back