New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > partial(mini)mash gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2007, 06:59 AM   #1
allphoto
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default partial(mini)mash gear

I did a partial mash for my last brew using the technique from this page on BYO
http://www.byo.com/feature/986.html. I liked the way the process worked for me and will continue to use it as a transition to AG. I adapted the technique to the gear I had on hand, and this worked great except for the sparging... I was using a pint plastic container for my water, and pouring the water over the grains through a fine screen mason jar sprouting top... my grains were in a stainless colander with a handle that almost fully covers my 5 gal brewpot.it had a nice sprinkling effect, but I would like to find a way to this step more efficiently. Short of investing in a cooler to make a mash tun, does or has anyone used a method similar the the one described, and had a better way to sparge???

Give a monkey a brain, and he'll think he's the center of the universe.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply