Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Old Ice Cream freezer / Keezer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2008, 01:07 AM   #1
BeerCanuck
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default Old Ice Cream freezer / Keezer

Hi HBT'ers
I was talking with a restaurant owner recently and he mentioned that he had a freezer in storage that he wasn't using;

Needs some work but I was happy to see that a Sanke keg fits along with 3 Cornies. It will probably hold six Cornies if I needed it and the price was right (gratis)

I plan on hooking it up to a watt meter to see how efficient it is.
I already tested to confirm it can freeze.
Now all I need to do is hook up a temp controller.

Reading over the forums my favourate options are a Ranco (simplicity)or Arduino (tech head)

Cheers
BeerCanuck

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2008, 01:51 AM   #2
david_42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 133 Times on 126 Posts

That's a good find. Ice cream freezers tend to very well designed, because ice cream is so sensitive to temperature cycles.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply