Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Oktoberfest Oct 15th

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2011, 07:32 PM   #1
BARBQ
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Oktoberfest Oct 15th

Doing an Oktoberfest party in my backyard this coming saturday. Any HBT person is invited in the area or further if you are crazy enought to drive. I live in NW Houston. 4pm till 12 midnight (hopefully)

Any ideas anybody wants to spittball through them at me. One of the last things I am trying to come up with is a tub that holds the kegs and somehow hold the platci mugs to keep them cold. I was thinking of a water trough. So far what I got going is:

Food:
Smoker Pit with pork ribs, brats, sausage, kraut, onions peppers served in catering wire racks on a table under a popup. Pretzels, salty and sweet in the racks

Beer:
Two oktoberfests been aging way to long. Ive been skimming a bit waiting for the party. Two wheats that arent the best. Some commercial okts bottles in ice tubs. Water, BMC and juice paks for the kids.

Stuff to do:
Got some platic okt bibs, some people might dress up (I am) a jump house for kids, a beer tent with 3x wooden picnic tables with light for later, lifesize cutout of german guy and gril to stick your head in for a picture. Hoeshoes and washers. Radio with some polka :-)
* I wanna do a keg toss, but me thinks the SWMBO might shut it down.

Texas Bierfreiheit!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
rhamilton
Recipes 

Liked 64 Times on 53 Posts

Sounds like a blast!

Kegged: County Jail Pale Ale, AHS Anniv IPA, AHS Brooklyn Brown, Raspberry Wheat, Blood Orange Hefe, Ranger IPA clone (x2), Newcastle clone, AHS Irish Red, Centennial Blonde
Bottled: Session Series Belgian Saison, Apocalypso, Pecan Porter, DFH 90 Minute Clone, Apfelwein (x2), Wytchmaker Rye IPA Clone, Vienna/Simcoe SMaSH, Munich/Cascade SMaSH

Old 10-13-2011, 07:34 PM   #3
BARBQ
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I guess I will just stick the four kegs in a rolling trash can. I should be able to fit them all in it.

Texas Bierfreiheit!

Quick Reply