New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > (Not Quite) Ugly Junk, Graphically Changeable Tap Handles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #51
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2657 Times on 1602 Posts
Likes Given: 3445

I changed it. I like this Version of Doctor Who better.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2012, 08:09 PM   #52
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing

Recipes 

Liked 79 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Very creative Revvy....puts my cedar stick tap handles to shame. The interchangeability in your desing is genius and the graphics are fantastic!

Revvy Likes This 
Old 07-22-2012, 11:59 PM   #53
Revvy

Recipes 

So I've now completed the last phase of the tap handle build...Something to display the images that are not currently on tap. I settled on using a simple sheet metal plate available at homedepot for under 20 bucks.

The materials are;

1 24x36 inch zinc coated metal sheet. (Home Depot) $19.99
1 Roll of black faux leather adhesive backed contact paper (Home Depot) $7.00
1 24x36 Poster Frame (Meijer's ) $14.00
2 3M Command Sawtooth hangers.

The contact paper has a bit of a grain to it, so it doesn't look flat.

Assembly is simple, but takes some fiddling (2 people would make it easier) and you may end up wasting some of the contact paper. But basically the width of the contact paper roll is 1/2 the width of the sheet metal. So I cut two pieces and stuck them on the sheet. I cut it a little longer and folded it over the top and bottom of the metal plate.

There will be 100s of air bubbles between the two layers, you'll have to take a needle or an exacto knife and pop them and burnish the sheet smooth onto the metal. A plastic putty knife works well to help adhere the contact sheet to the metal.

The poster frame is basically made up of 1 piece of thick cardboard backerboard with sawtooth clips in the back to mount the poster to the wall, one thin transparent cover for the poster, and 4 pieces of mitered plastic frame ends that holds everything together. You can get them in white, black or silvered...I opted for black on black.

Using the transparent cover over the coated metal plate does not allow the magnets on the baseball card holders to adhere all that well, yet if you don't have it, the metal sheet and the cardboard are not thick enough to be held together by the frame pieces. I put the clear sheet between the metal plate and the cardboard backer and the three pieces made for a tight fit.

That's basically all there is to it. Just hang it on the wall, I used the 3m clips with the adhesive that you can stretch to remove it from the wall without ruining the paint. And laid out the graphic cards in a pleasing patter. There's room for more as I make them.

So the keezer build is effecitively done.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

LabRatBrewer Likes This 
Old 07-23-2012, 03:11 AM   #54
otownpyle
Recipes 

I think these are cool awesome idea. What are other DIY tap handles y'all have made. Been wracking the brain tryin to fig something out!

Follow Me on Twitter Here

Read My Blog Here
www.otownpyle.com

Old 08-01-2012, 01:45 PM   #55
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by otownpyle View Post
I think these are cool awesome idea. What are other DIY tap handles y'all have made. Been wracking the brain tryin to fig something out!
There's a bunch of showoff tap handle threads on here. This is a good one, you see all sorts of clever ideas.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:22 PM   #56
HopSong
Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Gotta say, Revvy.. this is great. What size is the keezer?

Old 12-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #57
Revvy

Recipes 

7,2 c.u. ThankS!!!!

Old 12-12-2012, 11:28 PM   #58
BullGator
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
I thought I'd post some more of my label graphics. Making these up pretty much helped me outline my next few brews.
Where do you find these images? I love it.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:10 AM   #59
Revvy

Recipes 

I just googled "pinups" and then played around with them in photoshop.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:39 AM   #60
h22lude

Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 11

What size wooden wheels did you get?

Kegged: Dunkelweizen, Fizzy yellow beer and Pumpkin Ale

Bottled: Nothing

On my list to brew: Stone IPA and some kind of wit