Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > (Not Quite) Ugly Junk, Graphically Changeable Tap Handles

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #21
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2711 Times on 1629 Posts
Likes Given: 3484

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpdjshaw View Post
Very nice!!
Hey Revvy, how'd you prep your oak barrel before putting beer in it?
Since it had been "decomissioned" only a week before and was wet, all I did was fill it with 5 gallons of Distilled water and a cup of Jack Daniel's.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2012, 08:15 PM   #22
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixs4r View Post
I am stealing this. The misses and I weren't sure wtf we were going to do and now we do. Thanks!
Post pics when you're done.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 07-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #23
phoenixs4r
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Post pics when you're done.
I will. I'll be cutting up a kitchen cabinet to shove the kegorater in as i don't have a lot of room in my rental. That, plus us copying your handles, will definitly be posted.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:51 PM   #24
krenshaw

Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 27

i saw those wooden legs in HD and thought i would do something similar with them when i'm done with my keezer.. where did you find the threaded inserts in HD for them? when i asked about it in lowes they said they didn't carry anything like that.. from the packaging it looks like it would be with the bagged screws

~ A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.

DOWN THE HATCH BREWING
Stainless Hop Spider | Wooden Brew Rig | Dual Hinge Keezer Build

Primaries.. oxy :-(
Keg 1: Apfelwein | Keg 2: BlackEyePA version2 | Keg 3: Summer Saison
Bottles: lots full and even more empty

Old 07-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #25
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krenshaw View Post
i saw those wooden legs in HD and thought i would do something similar with them when i'm done with my keezer.. where did you find the threaded inserts in HD for them? when i asked about it in lowes they said they didn't carry anything like that.. from the packaging it looks like it would be with the bagged screws
In the same section as the nuts and bolts. They're pretty common. Did you ask for them by their "proper" name, "T-Nut?"

Old 07-03-2012, 10:03 PM   #26
BiscayneBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Day-yum, those are sweet. Wish I had seen this prior to buying these... http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-...-C100-4-M.html

I still might make a set like yours anyway.

Again, very nice work.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:19 AM   #27
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessBrewing
Very nice! Any pics of it installed?
I've been working on the keezer all day. Just screwed on the tap handles.

The second pic just shows how you can use the baseball card holders and magnets to stick your graphics on without a tap handle. It's actually a graphic I made for the temp conversion between c and f using my ebay temp controller. I just figured having the rough range of temps we'd be using would be handy. As you can see, the keezer is just firing up and cooling off.
image-3127238398.jpg   image-2931669660.jpg  

People Like This 
Old 07-05-2012, 03:30 AM   #28
Revvy

Recipes 

WOW, 710 view in 24 hours?!?! I didn't know tap handles were so popular.....I don't even think my bottling thread got so many hits so fast..If you do this let me know, and post pics. If you like this design, you could comment or thumbs up or something...This is the most artsy thing I've done in awhile. If you like it let me know.

People Like This 
Old 07-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #29
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 1940 Times on 1403 Posts
Likes Given: 1061

I don't like the font you used on your temp controller...

Old 07-09-2012, 06:28 PM   #30
Revvy

Recipes 

I thought I'd post some more of my label graphics. Making these up pretty much helped me outline my next few brews.

People Like This 

Quick Reply