New Jester Clone Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdbc2011

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of my new keezer. Thanks to Jester and to everyone else for the ideas. I have an Irish Stout that will be kegged in few days and then all five taps will be ready.

089.jpg

092.jpg

Looks very nice! Congrats.
Can't wait til I can build one of these babies. Have a small 2 tap keezer and 5 kegs sitting empty.
Got a build thread on this? Really like the tile you used and the drip tray with the trim around it looks great. I'm jealous.
Thanks for the pics!

Thanks stp.
I did not take any pictures when I built it. I actually built the entire unit over one weekend. I had dismantled the top and drew the plans during the week, but the build went pretty fast. I was going to put the co2 and nitrogen tanks outside of the freezer but I have plenty of room inside; it is a 14 cubic foot unit. I have 9 inches of cabinet space on each side of the freezer.

The tile was some left over glass tile from Lowes. I used it because it as much lighter than anything else I could find. With 1/2 in plywood inside the top and 3/4 in on top the lid is pretty heavy.

The skin is tongue and groove from Lowe's and I just attached them to the base and collar with 2x4's. This gives plenty of air flow around the freezer.

The base is simply a piece of 3/4 in plywood and I placed the casters under the feet of the freezer.

Thanks again for the compliment.

I just put the last two kegs into the keezer. I also hooked up the nitrogen system. The pour was great. Good cascade for the first pour.

Well done! Nice to see someone doing a nitrogen tap. Enjoy!

Thanks. It's great! Before it was installed, I read a few posts talking about having a hard time with getting a good pour (cascade) but mine has worked with both kegs. The second keg was over carbed (my fault - used too much priming sugar). But I just put it between 20 and 25 lbs of pressure and it comes around.

I really like your keezer. The copper looks great.

Looks great.

What spacing did you use between the taps?

How about from the drip tray to the center of the shank?

Looks great.

What spacing did you use between the taps?

How about from the drip tray to the center of the shank?

There is 5" between the taps. The height from the wood under the drip tray to the center of the shank is 12", and from the drip tray it is 11.25. My tallest glass is 9.5" so it has worked out good. I actually measured one of the glasses to get this height.

Back