Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Netduino controller issues

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2011, 01:25 AM   #11
cobolstinks
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

with a 7 foot cable is was getting +/-30 degrees F but was +/- 1 on the breadboard. +/-30 F is way not cool. Ordered the 1wire sensors yesterday so I'll try them out when they get in. At $1.75 a sensor for the DS18B20 I can't really go wrong. I should have tried them out first.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2012, 10:07 PM   #12
cobolstinks
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The DS18B20's are awesome, should have gone digital to start. Ill post a thread when I'm done. My hardware is all assembled just working on the code. Got it to join my lan and serve a basic html page with 4 temps on it, but im going to have it serve JSON so i can use this JS library. Highcharts - Interactive JavaScript charts for your webpage. Ill post the code as well incase someone wants to use.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:29 PM   #13
rockytoptim
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 92 Times on 73 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I would be interested in the high charts implementation.

On Tap: Bee Cave Robust Porter
On Tap: Bee Cave OktoberFest
On Tap: Bee Cave Kolsch
Primary: None
Up next: ????

Old 01-23-2012, 05:57 PM   #14
Tempest2k8
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolstinks View Post
The DS18B20's are awesome, should have gone digital to start. Ill post a thread when I'm done. My hardware is all assembled just working on the code. Got it to join my lan and serve a basic html page with 4 temps on it, but im going to have it serve JSON so i can use this JS library. Highcharts - Interactive JavaScript charts for your webpage. Ill post the code as well incase someone wants to use.
Absolutely! I just picked up a FEZ Panda II & I'm looking forward to adding some automation to my setup.

Old 09-30-2012, 02:11 AM   #15
omayhemo
Recipes 

The Netdiuno only supports one wire temp sensors in a branch release of 4.1
Plus the netduino has some serious difficulty with regulating power over USB. You may have more stable readings if you use the power block instead.

And one more downer, I have a lot of trouble with reliable sockets and the netdiunos smallish memory space limits its capability.

Reliability is extremely important for something like running a heating element. My opinion is choose a different micro controller to work with. FEZ for example. The hydra is similarly priced and way more capable, stable and supports gadgeteering.

Quick Reply