Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Need some help from the experts

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2011, 07:19 PM   #1
nukinfuts29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Need some help from the experts

So, I'm taking out the welder and a trip to the metal store and building this:

Does anyone have measurements on one of these? I plan to up to 25 gallon over 22, but I don't have access to one to measure up and work the numbers. Building one, and if it goes right three more right away.

My Recipes: Drunken Emu Hard Cider, Drunken Emu Mississippi River Water
The Jack Keller Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Kirks View Post
Patience, my Padawon. The yeast can sense your tension.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Maybe you want to educate yourself instead of just having a bunch of pre-conceived notions based on ignorance.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2011, 07:50 PM   #2
horseinmay
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Good luck. The geometry and measurement is pretty simple. I would base the dimensions on your fermentation space. Do you have a cold room or someplace you are going to be putting these? For a 25 gallon fermenter, you will need a volume of 3.34 cubic feet.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:01 PM   #3
OneHoppyGuy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
HomeBrewTalk 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Here ya go...

Brewright. All Rights Reserved. We reserve the right to brew and to help you brew. To protect the brew and defend the brew. To make the brew and drink the brew.

BrewSteel.com
BrewSteel on Facebook

Old 12-30-2011, 08:06 PM   #4
Zamial
Recipes 

Liked 167 Times on 148 Posts

I am not fully understanding what you want to fab? The legs? The entire unit? Do you have a way to control ferm temps on a unit that size?

I also see that you want to do 20+ gallon batches. That would give you less than 10 brew days a year, legally.

Last thing is I have personally had 30+ gallons of beer in 1 fermenter before. IMO it is a LOT of beer to deal with all at 1 time and if you get a bad batch or something goes wrong, that is a lot of wasted beer/cash. (I had to dump mine...only dumper to date...)

Best of luck!

Old 12-30-2011, 08:09 PM   #5
SUDDZIES
Recipes 

Here is a website with links to drawings.

Conical Material Hoppers

Check the prices also, you may want to start with a purchased hopper and domed lid.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:16 PM   #6
GilaMinumBeer
In yo' garage, steelin' yo parts.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4633 Times on 4315 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamial View Post
I also see that you want to do 20+ gallon batches. That would give you less than 10 brew days a year, legally.
The 200 gallons is availabe stored at any given time. That is not saying you have to "stop" brewing at 200 gallons a year.

For example, if you began brewing in January and had 200 gallons of beer kegged by March, you (leagally) must stop. But, if by May you have consumed 100 gallons of said beer then you may brew and keg another 100 gallons.

The limit applies to available stock and does not include consumed product.

Think of it this way. If you are raided tomorrow and have 50 gallons of beer on hand but have drank 150 that year prior to the raid, how will they know?

But, if you have 300 gallons of beer on hand at the time of the raid that would be a clear violation of the limit.

Capice?

Old 12-30-2011, 09:02 PM   #7
nukinfuts29
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseinmay View Post
Good luck. The geometry and measurement is pretty simple. I would base the dimensions on your fermentation space. Do you have a cold room or someplace you are going to be putting these? For a 25 gallon fermenter, you will need a volume of 3.34 cubic feet.
Sweet so I did my math right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHoppyGuy View Post
THANK YOU!! Perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamial View Post
I am not fully understanding what you want to fab? The legs? The entire unit? Do you have a way to control ferm temps on a unit that size?

Last thing is I have personally had 30+ gallons of beer in 1 fermenter before. IMO it is a LOT of beer to deal with all at 1 time and if you get a bad batch or something goes wrong, that is a lot of wasted beer/cash. (I had to dump mine...only dumper to date...)

Best of luck!
The entire unit, I have means to control temps, and I'm a brewery sooo yea not really limited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUDDZIES View Post
Here is a website with links to drawings.

Conical Material Hoppers

Check the prices also, you may want to start with a purchased hopper and domed lid.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer View Post
The 200 gallons is availabe stored at any given time. That is not saying you have to "stop" brewing at 200 gallons a year.

For example, if you began brewing in January and had 200 gallons of beer kegged by March, you (leagally) must stop. But, if by May you have consumed 100 gallons of said beer then you may brew and keg another 100 gallons.

Think of it this way. If you are raided tomorrow and have 50 gallons of beer on hand but have drank 150 that year prior to the raid, how will they know?

But, if you have 300 gallons of beer on hand at the time of the raid that would be a clear violation of the limit.

Capice?
Good explanation. Doesn't apply to me, but well said.

Quote:
Quote:
Maybe you want to educate yourself instead of just having a bunch of pre-conceived notions based on ignorance.

Old 12-30-2011, 10:18 PM   #8
brewingmeister
Recipes 

Liked 160 Times on 118 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Nukin, I can't wait to see these creations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer

Capice?
If you can provide a resource for this I would like to see it. I have seen many different variants of this law, some states have posted number limits but others don't. Also, the limit is based per year of production, not an on hand total. You can have vintages from years past and they would count towards the year they were made. The grey area is pretty big here.

-cheers

Old 12-31-2011, 02:00 AM   #9
nukinfuts29
Recipes 

It probably won't be until into the spring, we'll see.

Quote:
Quote:

Old 12-31-2011, 02:54 AM   #10
GilaMinumBeer
In yo' garage, steelin' yo parts.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4633 Times on 4315 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewingmeister View Post
You can have vintages from years past and they would count towards the year they were made.
My interpretation of the law came straight from an ABLE commision officer. Since wee as homebrewers are not required to keep production logs for taxation purposes they can only enforce by what they can see.

Thus, a 200 gallon available limit for a 2 adult household.

However, IF you keep detailed logs they "could" be used to prove production stats per year and hold up in a court to your favor. Without them, you got nuthin'.

Quick Reply