Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > NanoBrewery build

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2012, 03:12 AM   #931
PABURNER
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Just read through all the posts! Very inspiring! Congrats and good luck!

Don't piss down my back and tell me its raining.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 03:18 AM   #932
HBHoss
Chappell Brewery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 118 Times on 118 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Thanks. I appreciate you taking the time to read it. More to follow.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:04 AM   #933
boswell
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

There any 'pros' batch sparging at this volume? Glad to hear you're open again. Jealous of your space.

Old 01-18-2012, 02:33 PM   #934
HBHoss
Chappell Brewery

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boswell View Post
There any 'pros' batch sparging at this volume? Glad to hear you're open again. Jealous of your space.
I don't know. I like to fly sparge.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:48 PM   #935
LordUlrich
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by boswell
I batch sparge at 10bbl, I am sure others do to.

Don't take any more faith in anything I say than you would anyone else on the internet. If you listen to what I say, then hurt your self or break something it is your own fault, I am just expressing my opinion or experience.
THINK for your self!!

Old 01-19-2012, 04:04 PM   #936
boswell
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Boss, would you ship a few bottles? I'd love to try the beer. (If this violates forum rules or anything, let me know I'll remove it)

Old 01-23-2012, 10:36 PM   #937
Clt2DC
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Very nice read

Old 01-24-2012, 01:28 AM   #938
keesh
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Whew, add me to the list of 'Holy Hell I just scrolled through the entire thing, trying to take it all in while beyond floored by awesomeness'. I am sick so I have had all day to sit and read this thread. Very awesome.

Hoss, I think I speak for everyone here when I say that my best wishes go out to you and hope that you succeed, beyond all barriers and hurdles, or if not you go down fighting. Judging by your past success, the former seems more likely than the latter.

I did not truly think that by the time I got to the 94th (geeze) page that you'd still be updating the thread, let alone doing what you're doing. My fiancee and I are planning a trip from tip to tip of California soon (sometime in late summer or early fall), and my plan was to go to Russian River and Sierra Nevada while up in NorCal. You've made me decide to amend my plans to include a stop in Mariposa to check out the tasting room. I can only imagine what kind of progress and success you'll be having by then!

I do have a couple questions:

1. Do you have any pictures of the 7bbl system? I notice people keep rapping on that subject, and I hate to add fuel to that fire. However since you seem like such a genuinely nice dude, I cannot help but succumb to my curiosity.

2. How do you keep the books on your operation? Spreadsheets and all that? Is that something you have found to be helpful in scaling up your operation?

3. Do you have any plans of expanding in terms of partnership, beyond your brother?

4. Also, how do you go about filling a giant, stationary propane tank like that? Do you need some kind of mobile propane filling service?
Thanks and best wishes.

Last edited by keesh; 01-24-2012 at 01:34 AM.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:45 AM   #939
HBHoss
Chappell Brewery

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by keesh View Post
Whew, add me to the list of 'Holy Hell I just scrolled through the entire thing, trying to take it all in while beyond floor by awesomeness'. I am sick so I have had all day to sit and read this thread. Very awesome.

Hoss, I think I speak for everyone here when I say that my best wishes go out to you and hope that you succeed, beyond all barriers and hurdles, or if not you go down fighting. Judging by your past success, the former seems more likely than the latter.

I did not truly think that by the time I got to the 94th (geeze) page that you'd still be updating the thread, let alone doing what you're doing. My fiancee and I are planning a trip from tip to tip of California soon (sometime in late summer or early fall), and my plan was to go to Russian River and Sierra Nevada while up in NorCal. You've made me decide to amend my plans to include a stop in Mariposa to check out the tasting room. I can only imagine what kind of progress and success you'll be having by then!

I do have a couple questions:

1. Do you have any pictures of the 7bbl system? I notice people keep rapping on that subject, and I hate to add fuel to that fire. However since you seem like such a genuinely nice dude, I cannot help but succumb to my curiosity.

2. How do you keep the books on your operation? Spreadsheets and all that? Is that something you have found to be helpful in scaling up your operation?

3. Do you have any plans of expanding in terms of partnership, beyond your brother?

Thanks and best wishes.
Wow, thanks for taking the time and hope you feel better soon.

What's a trip to Mariposa without taking in Yosemite? And drinking some craft brew, of course.

I don't have any pictures of the 7 bbl system since that seems so far down the line, I haven't bothered to take any.

Books??? Spreadsheets??? I actually do use Quicken to do my books with but I based the scaling on demand outside of the Tasting Room. I know I'll need more volume in order to keep who ever decides to carry my brew in stock. I keep a log of my sales since I'm still small I can do that.

My brother isn't my partner but him having the Tasting Room already did help push me into getting my license. My brother has stopped producing wine and is in the market to sell his vineyard. I don't have any plans to bring in partners or anything. If I get to the point of needing the 7 bbl system then I may have to reconsider that.

Where in San Diego are you? I grew up in Pacific Beach.
Facebook page

Old 01-24-2012, 01:49 AM   #940
onthekeg
Recipes 

Liked 73 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by keesh View Post
4. Also, how do you go about filling a giant, stationary propane tank like that? Do you need some kind of mobile propane filling service?
Thanks and best wishes.
They use trucks like this to deliver propane.

Quick Reply