Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > NanoBrewery build

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2010, 09:37 PM   #531
lostmind
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: port moody
Posts: 61
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Wow, I can't believe I read all of this.

Best of luck!

__________________
lostmind is offline
DroolingNeoBrewery Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2010, 10:19 PM   #532
BrewBeemer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: an island, inside an atoll
Posts: 3,504
Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmind View Post
Wow, I can't believe I read all of this.

Best of luck!
I can as i've followed Hoss from the beginning of this thread, a great success
story to a geat person and brewer that took the challenge by the horns and will be the successful one.
__________________

Bier Jagdwaffe... Bier 30 zeit.....~~=o&o>..........

BrewBeemer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2010, 01:40 AM   #533
jessup
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: asheville, nc
Posts: 595
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

wow did this thread take a great turn around page 50! from building the shed/brewery to now getting your 7bbl system. wow, just awesome congrats sir i can't wait to hear about the trial and errors of brewing on such a large scale; 10 gal to 210 gal is quite the jump!! good luck and as others have stated, you're an inspiration.

__________________

set I: Pale (3) -> Mild (4-5) -> amber / Victory (20-25) -> special roast (40-50) -> brown (70)
set II: pilsner (2) -> Vienna (3-4) -> Munich (8-10) -> dark Munich (20) -> aromatic / melanoiden (25-30)
encore: smoked (5)


Last edited by jessup; 06-03-2010 at 01:48 AM.
jessup is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2010, 05:51 PM   #534
HBHoss
Chappell Brewery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HBHoss's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mariposa, CA
Posts: 8,230
Liked 118 Times on 118 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Thanks. Due to circumstances beyond my control, the 7 bbl hasn't been delivered yet. But that's okay since I'm not quite there yet.
This is the stage of the business I like and that's introducing new brews and getting feed back on my own recipes. I introduced an American Amber Ale that I call "Miners Gold Ale" and the few people that have tasted it have given positive feed back. I'm working on establishing a few brews that are my constants and then I'll probably have one tap that I rotate through new ideas.

HBHoss is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2010, 06:55 PM   #535
rhoadsrage
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rhoadsrage's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 285
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default

So not that you don't have a million and one things to do but have you started dreaming about a 1 year anniversary beer? I bet it would taste great no matter what it was!

Good luck and we're drinking for ya.

__________________
rhoadsrage is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2010, 07:00 PM   #536
NoNothing
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ann Arbor Mi
Posts: 431
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBHoss View Post
Thanks. Due to circumstances beyond my control, the 7 bbl hasn't been delivered yet. But that's okay since I'm not quite there yet.
This is the stage of the business I like and that's introducing new brews and getting feed back on my own recipes. I introduced an American Amber Ale that I call "Miners Gold Ale" and the few people that have tasted it have given positive feed back. I'm working on establishing a few brews that are my constants and then I'll probably have one tap that I rotate through new ideas.
Just read the whole thread man, congrats on being FUC*ING AWESOME.

How much regular business do you have other than customers coming in the store?

Did that place across the street pan out? How about that market?
__________________
On Tap:
Primary: [Three Hearted] [Irish Red]
NoNothing is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2010, 07:26 PM   #537
HBHoss
Chappell Brewery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HBHoss's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mariposa, CA
Posts: 8,230
Liked 118 Times on 118 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNothing View Post
Just read the whole thread man, congrats on being FUC*ING AWESOME.

How much regular business do you have other than customers coming in the store?

Did that place across the street pan out? How about that market?
Right now as far as regular business it's the walk-in customers to the shop and the Cafe across the street. I'm trying to decide what beer to sell to the market. I'm thinking my Scottish Wee Heavy in 22 oz bombers since they don't have a high gravity beer like that right now. And it can command the higher price tag they'll need to put on it.
__________________
NanoBrewery build
My Keezer build
My Kegerator build
Facebook page
HBHoss is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2010, 08:13 PM   #538
NoNothing
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ann Arbor Mi
Posts: 431
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBHoss View Post
Right now as far as regular business it's the walk-in customers to the shop and the Cafe across the street. I'm trying to decide what beer to sell to the market. I'm thinking my Scottish Wee Heavy in 22 oz bombers since they don't have a high gravity beer like that right now. And it can command the higher price tag they'll need to put on it.
Great to hear things are going well though, living the dream man!
__________________
On Tap:
Primary: [Three Hearted] [Irish Red]
NoNothing is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2010, 07:38 AM   #539
bmbrewery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Coarsegold, CA, Coarsegold, CA
Posts: 71
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

If you're taking suggestions that Boston Red is a good staple as well. Just killed off the 6'er and was very pleased. How about an IPA or something along those lines.

__________________
Aaron
There are three kinds of people: Those who can count and those who can't.
bmbrewery is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2010, 03:22 PM   #540
Beer_Maker
Senior Member
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Beer_Maker's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 262
Liked 14 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Congrats again man.... Cant wait to see pics of the 7bbl system in action!

__________________

-Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Beer_Maker is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Bar Build brrman Equipment/Sanitation 77 08-22-2011 02:01 PM
Bar build indianaroller DIY Projects 55 04-20-2010 11:15 PM
Brew Stand - Build yourself or get someone else to build? Stevorino Equipment/Sanitation 36 12-23-2009 04:53 PM
HLT Build Benjibbad DIY Projects 16 06-18-2009 12:08 AM
Build a Wet Bar wildbill Equipment/Sanitation 5 02-28-2007 08:31 PM