Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > NanoBrewery build

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2009, 06:36 PM   #171
Gordie
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBHoss View Post
Anyone know where I can get Sanke kegs for cheap???
Check out Probrewer.com classifieds.

http://probrewer.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=15346

Kevin.McGee@HealdsburgBeerCo.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2009, 06:57 PM   #172
HBHoss
Chappell Brewery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 118 Times on 118 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordie View Post
Check out Probrewer.com classifieds.

http://probrewer.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=15346
Thanks for the link. Looks like kegs are hard to find and can get expensive. OY!

Old 10-22-2009, 07:55 PM   #173
springer

Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Anyone know where I can get Sanke kegs for cheap???
Google is a wonderful thing minimum order 30 kegs price price in USD 10 to 100 $

kegimported

'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'- Ronald Reagan

Old 10-22-2009, 08:53 PM   #174
HBHoss
Chappell Brewery

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
Google is a wonderful thing minimum order 30 kegs price price in USD 10 to 100 $

kegimported
Thanks. I was looking at their site and had to laugh when I read this " Trust us, we will give you more satisfaction than you expected ".

I also found this site http://www.highgravitybrew.com/Produ...idproduct=2823 $10 shipping, not bad.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:39 PM   #175
springer

Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Thanks. I was looking at their site and had to laugh when I read this " Trust us, we will give you more satisfaction than you expected ".

I also found this site http://www.highgravitybrew.com/Produ...idproduct=2823 $10 shipping, not bad.
bet they love you long time too...

that seems like a fair price . I would talk with them about a discount on multiple kegs as I expect you need more than one

'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'- Ronald Reagan

Old 10-22-2009, 10:28 PM   #176
HBHoss
Chappell Brewery

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
bet they love you long time too...

that seems like a fair price . I would talk with them about a discount on multiple kegs as I expect you need more than one
Only 20 dollah, you get love long time!

I'll check them out about that.
Facebook page

Old 10-22-2009, 10:30 PM   #177
limulus
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Sir, you are indeed living the dream. My first post goes into your thread! I was a home brewer from 1989-1994. I'm thinking about taking up the hobby again. I nearly went into the business professionally, but I could not make the numbers work. I still hope to to some day and have designs on a couple of tourist towns up in the GA or NC mountains. I live in suburban Atlanta and the laws here are ridiculous for brewing. The western states are so much friendlier. The biggest problem here is the three tier system is alive and well. I don't see it ever changing because some politician may lose out on some slush money. The other problem is water...we have a limited amount. The last time I checked brewpubs were limited to 5000 bbls/yr. I was never interested in a brewpub though since there is food involved.

Just for future growth reference, I have a couple of things you may find useful:
There used to be a brewery manufacturer by the name of Cross in Fresno who sold converted/re-conditioned fermenters and brew houses. I visited him to see what he had and he had a great idea for a cold room. He had a refrigerated cargo container that was just perfect. The temp outside that day was 107 and just walking inside that container was amazing. It didn't even have the refer unit connected, but the insulation made a huge difference. I found a place here in GA that sold those containers used with the cooling unit for a few thousand $. That was nearly 20-yrs ago, but probably still cheaper than a custom built walk-in unit. You can chill a lot of beer in one of those.

If someone does make you pour a concrete slab, you can always treat it with the epoxy garage floor paint available at places like Home Depot. That stuff would be perfect for a brewery floor or the floor of your store.

I was in Yosemite back in July and drove right through Mariposa. Maybe next time I'll be able to stop by for a pint or two. But in the meantime, it is legal to ship wine to GA, so I think beer is also probably legal. I'm going to be the first to step and and say I'll by a sixer from you if you are bottling and have a PayPal account.

Good luck and keep this thread updated!

Old 10-22-2009, 10:38 PM   #178
iparks81
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 10

High Gravity is a great shop, I used to live in Tulsa OK (where they are located) going in there was what got me started and hooked on brewing beer the owner is great. just thought I'd chime in being that its the first time I've seen this shop mentioned on site ...I also love his house recipes especially his Foolish Pride!

Old 10-22-2009, 11:20 PM   #179
farmbrewernw
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

have you looked at plastic kegs?? Plastic Kegs of America I know some smaller breweries using these because of the cheaper cost. We have a few, they are not the same height as stainless kegs so if you have a mixture they are a pain in the ass but if you use all plastic they are great.

I'm working as a pro now, but that doesn't mean I'm not still homebrewing. I'm going to see if I can homebrew at work as a way to develop new recipes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymurgrafi
wow, tha more I drink, tha more cohernet you all are!
and stufffff.

Last edited by farmbrewernw; 10-22-2009 at 11:24 PM.

Old 10-23-2009, 02:23 AM   #180
HBHoss
Chappell Brewery

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmbrewernw View Post
have you looked at plastic kegs?? Plastic Kegs of America I know some smaller breweries using these because of the cheaper cost. We have a few, they are not the same height as stainless kegs so if you have a mixture they are a pain in the ass but if you use all plastic they are great.
I'll have to check into that. Never knew they were out there.
Checked out the new sstore and the cold room in it is about 8 X 20 with a 10 ft ceiling. Two A/C units, one at each end. It used to have floor drains in the main part of the store but they filled in the slope to level the floor for the next owners when the brewery went under. Still though, the store looks great and it'll just be my brother and I on the rent agreement which I like.
Facebook page

Quick Reply