Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > NanoBrewery build

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2012, 05:20 AM   #1041
samuelgoto
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Wow! Just Wow!

@hboss: just finished reading this thread over the course of 3 days and as others have said, you are awesome!

i'm actually not that far from you, living in sunnyvale, ca (~2,5 hours away)! really inspiring story of hard work and plain simple getting stuff done!

i wanted to wish you good luck and i hope to hear more from you!

btw, how is business going lately ?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #1042
Groober
Recipes 

Just finished reading through the entire thread like many before me, and I have to say this has been a great story and look forward to seeing how things go moving forward. Gives me hope that I can open my own nanobrewery some day.

Congrats

Old 01-03-2013, 10:21 PM   #1043
zoso
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHorneDog View Post
I'm working on a Nano down in San Diego. I know a lot if people down here. Including Mike Hess and some other owners. There are no laws saying that you cannot have chairs or tables. However it can be a condition of you type 23 if local or state agencies make it so. Each license is different and specific. Almost all of the tasting rooms in town have tables and almost all the new ones have chairs. There are about 20 tasting rooms in town now.

Now that local police and agencies know about how tasting rooms work it is less of a concern. I know hours of operation was a factor at one point too but that seems to be changing also.

Contacting ABC for this is not a bad idea. But you will get different answers from different people and enforcement.

We are going to have tables but no chairs for business reasons. Unless it becomes a condition of our license. We are not asking if we can. Since there is precedent already for tables and chairs in San Diego and with Cali ABC.
Yeah a bunch of the newer places like roughneck, societe, wet n wreckless (sheesh, what a name for a brewery) etc all have seating. I've yet to see anything that limits seating in the ABC paperwork and had previously assumed it was a SD thing, but that always felt odd. Why would the county have an ordinance that superseded cities?

Old 02-11-2013, 11:36 PM   #1044
DaveHunter5
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Put a fork in me, I'm finally done!

Hey HBHoss, how are your accounts going? Have you opened any more accounts since your last post? It is encouraging to read about your success starting small; it gives all of us other HBers hope that it can be done without taking out massive amounts of debt to make it work. I plan on upgrading my home brewery in the near future and figured that if this is the step I want to eventually take then I should build my home brewery "to code" to make licensing less complicated. It will either makes things easy for me down the stretch or give me one killer home brewery to be proud of; win win in my book.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:13 AM   #1045
HBHoss
Chappell Brewery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 118 Times on 118 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveHunter5 View Post
Put a fork in me, I'm finally done!

Hey HBHoss, how are your accounts going? Have you opened any more accounts since your last post? It is encouraging to read about your success starting small; it gives all of us other HBers hope that it can be done without taking out massive amounts of debt to make it work. I plan on upgrading my home brewery in the near future and figured that if this is the step I want to eventually take then I should build my home brewery "to code" to make licensing less complicated. It will either makes things easy for me down the stretch or give me one killer home brewery to be proud of; win win in my book.
Thank you for taking the time to read all this.
No, no new accounts. Winter is a tough time around here. Very little tourist business.

Old 02-12-2013, 03:43 AM   #1046
limulus
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBHoss View Post
No, no new accounts. Winter is a tough time around here. Very little tourist business.
The off-season gives you time to work at the real job and bank some dough. You can also make all those improvements to the brewery!
Tap 3: Empty - APA coming June
Kolsch coming July

Primary:
Secondary:
Cold Conditioning: IPA
On Deck: Kolsch
On Deck: Pale Ale
On Deck: Dusseldorf Altbier

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
-Ernest Hemingway

Old 02-13-2013, 07:53 AM   #1047
Jaybird
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
HomeBrewTalk 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 244 Times on 171 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBHoss View Post
Great time to brew though! and STOCK PILE!!!

I have been making custom False Bottoms for just about everything since 2008

Nor Cal Brewing Solutions, Reddings local homebrew store
(530)243-BEER and (530)221-WINE

Still have questions PM me here or hit the website.

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com and like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/NorCalBrewingSolutionsfor Facebook only promos too

Old 02-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #1048
Cdburkhart
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Wow, I know it has been said before, but this is amazing. I got a buddy in your area who I am going to try and send your way.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:22 AM   #1049
HBHoss
Chappell Brewery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 118 Times on 118 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Time for an update.
Last weekend I brewed a Red Ale and then a, what I'm calling, Platinum Blond. It's a blend of my Belgian Blond and a Belgian Pale Ale.
I've been invited to pour at an Irish Festival in Visalia CA on March 16th. So I'm building a 2 spout jockey box to use at events like this and taking my Red Ale and probably my Porter as well as the Platinum Blond. It's time for me to start hitting local events like this and get more recognition out there in the beer drinking world.
There's a possibility of opening a tasting room again. Depends on if the circumstances are right for it.
That's about it for now.

Facebook page

Old 03-06-2013, 12:29 AM   #1050
Puddlethumper
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 207 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBHoss
Time for an update.
Last weekend I brewed a Red Ale and then a, what I'm calling, Platinum Blond. It's a blend of my Belgian Blond and a Belgian Pale Ale.
I've been invited to pour at an Irish Festival in Visalia CA on March 16th. So I'm building a 2 spout jockey box to use at events like this and taking my Red Ale and probably my Porter as well as the Platinum Blond. It's time for me to start hitting local events like this and get more recognition out there in the beer drinking world.
There's a possibility of opening a tasting room again. Depends on if the circumstances are right for it.
That's about it for now.
If you open one let me know. I'm not far from you in Clovis and am just getting up and running in this hobby. Would love to get the chance to taste some other home brews.

--------

Beer ----

--- the reason I wake up every afternoon.

------

Quick Reply