The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > My Weldless Build Using Strut

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2012, 09:12 PM   #111
usfmikeb
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 233 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Was that a decision, or just what they had available?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 10:10 PM   #112
FTG-05
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 19

No offense to any one here but I gotta say that the three most useful threads on this forum has been - for me:

- gifty's weldless strut thread
- Apple Jackers Lime-aid thread (God I love that stuff!)
- Revvy's bottling and no secondary threads

Ok, that's actually four threads, sue me!

And congratulations for us getting a beer animation!

Primary:
Joe's Ancient Old Mead (JAOM) 10/26/2012
American Wheat
English Bitter
Apple Jack's Limeade Skeeter Pee
Secondary:
Skeeter Pee 10/6/2012
Bottled:
NB Cream Ale and AK47 Pale Mild

Old 11-27-2012, 11:59 PM   #113
clickingwires
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Thank man for posting this!!! Since I first read this I designed and started to build my own. All I have is the base frame. I have been amazed at the amount of different parts and configurations that can be achieved. Thanks agian for an amazing example and idea!!

image-1043288739.jpg  
Old 11-28-2012, 12:29 AM   #114
gifty74
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 6

That looks friggin awesome! I like the idea of just using the same 3-way connection fittings to connect everything. Makes ordering simple. Love the wide design so you have plenty of room between the pots. Heck, I might expand to this in the spring. The best part is I can just pick up the long sticks and have it retrofitted in a matter of minutes. So what's the smaller pot, and HLT? The other cool thing about that strut that I'm finding is when wiring to pumps/valves/etc you can just put it in the channel and you barely need any wires ties at all. The fittings keep it snugged down at every turn.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:42 AM   #115
clickingwires
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I basically used what you had done and ran through the price calcs between a two pot design and three pot design (66"x30"x16.75") and it ended up being only $50 more for three pots. The smaller pot is my old boil kettle and I just threw that up there for prospective. The plan will be to have three keggles and get pumps to do most if the work. I'm also going to use 3 BG-14 for burners. Im also going to run 1/2" EMT conduit for electrical... If I get there.

My biggest thing, especially since this is my first large brew stand, is flexibility. The fact that everything is just bolted and can be reconfigured or expanded is awesome!!!

Old 11-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #116
BBQBrew01
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Looks like Lowes sells a strut that is paintable...see pic:

capture.jpg  

Old 12-04-2012, 06:47 PM   #117
JonesSoda6
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Can anyone post a picture of their wheel/caster set up? I am going to be embarking on this project this Christmas break and have a lot of it figured out for a 2-tier system but am having a tough time getting the wheels down. Does anyone have any part numbers or specific instructions on how theirs work? Thanks in advance and this thread is awoken a brew-demon inside of me.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:43 PM   #118
FTG-05
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesSoda6 View Post
Can anyone post a picture of their wheel/caster set up? I am going to be embarking on this project this Christmas break and have a lot of it figured out for a 2-tier system but am having a tough time getting the wheels down. Does anyone have any part numbers or specific instructions on how theirs work? Thanks in advance and this thread is awoken a brew-demon inside of me.
Sure, no problem!

If those pics aren't familiar, you didn't read the thread.....

Primary:
Joe's Ancient Old Mead (JAOM) 10/26/2012
American Wheat
English Bitter
Apple Jack's Limeade Skeeter Pee
Secondary:
Skeeter Pee 10/6/2012
Bottled:
NB Cream Ale and AK47 Pale Mild

Old 12-05-2012, 01:35 AM   #119
JonesSoda6
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Oops, my bad. I think I had an information/excitement overload on this threat. Thank you for pointing that out.

I have been playing around with SketchUp today for the first time and wanted to know your guys thoughts on this 2-tiered system I have tumbling around in my brain. Any suggestions or ideas would be most helpful. I am running natural gas out to the attached garage this holiday break and will prob be getting some 10 jet NG burners unless you think something else would suffice.

I am just relieved at the cost savings of this system compared to welded stands. Live long and brew!

Sorry for the first time sketches, just trying to put what is in my head in order for some critiquing.

brewstand1.png   brewstand2.png   brewstand3.jpg  
Old 12-05-2012, 02:10 AM   #120
b-boy
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 373 Times on 276 Posts
Likes Given: 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesSoda6 View Post
Oops, my bad. I think I had an information/excitement overload on this threat. Thank you for pointing that out.

I have been playing around with SketchUp today for the first time and wanted to know your guys thoughts on this 2-tiered system I have tumbling around in my brain. Any suggestions or ideas would be most helpful. I am running natural gas out to the attached garage this holiday break and will prob be getting some 10 jet NG burners unless you think something else would suffice.

I am just relieved at the cost savings of this system compared to welded stands. Live long and brew!

Sorry for the first time sketches, just trying to put what is in my head in order for some critiquing.
I've been thinking about building one just like this. Thanks for posting the plans. I've also been trying to figure out if you could do a 3-tier with this stuff.

Never underestimate the potential of someone who refuses to act their age.

Quick Reply