New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > My Single Tier Build w/ BCS-460

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2011, 03:39 PM   #1
alowell
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Built with the help of you guys! Thanks!

Hey, everyone! Happy New Year! I've been asking questions on here for the past six months and I am almost done with my brewery build. I thought the people that helped me out along the way might enjoy seeing what has become of the project. The brewery is built on a stand by Marcus (Pinup Brewery). The system is all stainless valves and 1/2" tubing hard-piped. It will be run wirelessly with the BCS-460. Thanks for everyone's help, you have no idea how much I have appreciated it! I will try to get pics up ASAP. In the meantime, I have started a blog to track my brewing and whatnot, as well as the build. Check out the link in my signature. Thanks again!

Andrew

Last edited by alowell; 01-03-2011 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Added Photos

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2011, 09:26 PM   #2
alowell
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Added Photos. Thanks again. I know the ol' "single tier build" posts get a little old, but hopefully you guys enjoy seeing this one. I think it is a little different.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #3
BendBrewer
Recipes 

Liked 64 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Looks great. I cut and prepped a bunch of steel over the holiday break for my build. Should be getting welded up today. Just a manual system for now and good to know I have further building to do yet!

Old 01-03-2011, 09:49 PM   #4
mikelikesit2000
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I like it. Good job.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:39 PM   #5
Lonnie Mac
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alowell View Post
Added Photos. Thanks again. I know the ol' "single tier build" posts get a little old, but hopefully you guys enjoy seeing this one. I think it is a little different.
They never get old to me!! Looks great!

Lonnie Mac...
President of the Brutus Ten cult!

Old 01-04-2011, 12:32 AM   #6
Diver165
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by alowell View Post
Nonsense! Looks like you have a really nice system. I'd show it off too! So, tell us about the BCS integration. Did you turn your BCS wireless? I'm looking so forward to doing the BCS route. It's so right up my alley since I'm a electronic gadget/web/networking freak ( so SWMBO says).

Old 01-04-2011, 01:16 PM   #7
SweetSounds
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Love the SS Swageloks!

Great build! Can you outline the process? I'm liking the hard plumbed systems, but have a hard time picturing what vales to open when and whatnot...

Put some duct tape over the gauge - Or better yet - Replace the high pressure gauge with a plug - High pressure gauges are useless!

Old 01-04-2011, 02:38 PM   #8
alowell
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver165 View Post
Nonsense! Looks like you have a really nice system. I'd show it off too! So, tell us about the BCS integration. Did you turn your BCS wireless? I'm looking so forward to doing the BCS route. It's so right up my alley since I'm a electronic gadget/web/networking freak ( so SWMBO says).
Yeah, I turned the BCS wireless to keep my box as waterproof as possible and have the ease of being able to put my laptop in a safe spot. I used the exact same wireless adapter that gbrewer used in the BCS forum post below. It's great. It's very small so take up barely any room in the box. If you've noticed my enclosure, you'll understand why I need to conserve space!

http://www.embeddedcontrolconcepts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=358&sid=13fa17e96807dd17d5ef1 e67d7fdda5f

Old 01-04-2011, 03:05 PM   #9
alowell
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSounds View Post
Love the SS Swageloks!

Great build! Can you outline the process? I'm liking the hard plumbed systems, but have a hard time picturing what vales to open when and whatnot...
Thanks, SweetSounds! Yeah, I bought a lot of swagelock fittings of a guy in eBay and used what I needed to. The whole valve dance that has to happen during the brew day is definitely one that has to be thought out. For example, if you look at the poorly lighted picture taken of the back of the brewery...you'll see a water filter inlet and three valves. These valves can be adjusted for HLT fill, chiller run through, and then allowing a cleaning recirc through the whole system. I figure once I get used to it, turning the valves will become second nature. I'll let you know how it all shakes out when I run the first test water batch. I'm waiting on an electrical guy to come buy and inspect the control panel before I fire it up!

Old 01-04-2011, 03:42 PM   #10
SweetSounds
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I just think hard plumbed system look sweet! And I have about 50' of 1/2" SS hardline to play with. Swageloks are expensive!

Keep us posted!

Put some duct tape over the gauge - Or better yet - Replace the high pressure gauge with a plug - High pressure gauges are useless!

Quick Reply