The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > My rims build

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2012, 12:03 AM   #11
JoeyChopps
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 277 Times on 187 Posts

Well guys its been a little while but I picked up some more parts for my build. I picked up a tool box for the guts of my Rims setup
dscn1160.jpg
Here's the box I got from Harbor freight its 20" and "Stainless steal" I picked it up for 19.99
dscn1155.jpg
The side where the pump will be installed
dscn1156.jpg
The inside that will house all the guts
dscn1157.jpg
And the three switches. 1 for the PID 1 for the element and 1 for the pump. I got all the switches from Lowes for 5.40 a piece. they are rated to 10A at 250 or 20A at 125. More to Come Chopps

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2012, 10:51 PM   #12
JoeyChopps
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 277 Times on 187 Posts

So I finally got some more parts and some more time. So heres the new pile of parts.
dscn1161.jpg

So first thing I needed a power in to the box and a power out for the element. I looked up the male plug housings and they are expensive. So i figured why not make my own plug with both male and female. So I bought one of those really thick metal junctions boxs.
dscn1162.jpg
then I cut the back out of the junction box and I cut a piece of sheet metal the size of the rear of the junction box. I then took a male and a female repair ends and cut the sheet metal so I can install the plugs inside the box.
dscn1163.jpg
dscn1164.jpg
So i had to paint the sheet metal so I wasnt able to finish my power box.

so instead I cut up my tool box and installed the switches and the PID and an XLR wall mount thats going to be my quick disconnect to my RTD.dscn1165.jpg

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Newest Threads